|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Divine Shield, Lifesteal, Restore Health, Taunt|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Divine Shield, Taunt, Lifesteal
Wickerflame spent years as a recruit for the Goons, never making the big-time because he always fired his chest-cannon too slowly. "Hey," he thought, "maybe if I keep my beard lit on fire, I can do this faster." BOOM, promoted.
How to getEdit
|Golden Wickerflame Burnbristle||3200||1600|
- Whenever this minion deals damage, it will restore the exact same amount of Health to its controlling hero too.
- If Betrayal is cast upon Wickerflame Burnbristle, his triggered effect will activate once for each minion hit.
- As with all healing effects, if combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow, Wickerflame Burnbristle will instead deal damage to the controlling hero. Before Patch 18.104.22.16857, this damage was counted as damage dealt by Wickerflame Burnbristle himself, causing the effect to trigger again and again, until the controlling hero was killed (this was not a bug). More precisely, according to the similar behaviour of Mistress of Pain, the infinite loop was believed to stop once the hero has been in negative Health following three consecutive triggers or after 61 triggers, whichever happened first.
This card is a strong early game anti-aggro card, providing a strong balance of durability to hold off minions, usually deals enough damage to kill them, and heals back some of the life lost earlier. But in order to take advantage of its Lifesteal effect, Wickerflame will require buffs in order to take full advantage of the healing he provides. A straightforward method would be to buff it with cards like Blessing of Kings as soon as he's on the board, but because he doesn't immediately give value when played nor has a Deathrattle to compensate for is he's hard removed, prematurely buff him is a risky move against classes with easy removal options.
As a result, Wickerflame works well with cards that buff minions in hand, such as Smuggler's Run, Grimestreet Enforcer and Don Han'Cho, allowing the player to save their direct buffs for more immediate returns.
Wickerflame also works as a great activator for Corpsetaker, fulfilling three of four keywords.
- Wooooo! I'm on fire!
- Light'em up!
Wickerflame is unique to Hearthstone. He is a dwarven member of the Grimy Goons who has built a cannon into his chest armor, and for the sake of efficiency he doesn't use his hands to light the cannon's fuse; instead, he simply keeps his beard on fire. He is "not insane at all, just efficient".
- Despite his cannon and impressive beard, Wickerflame Burnbristle is not meant to be a pirate.
- His attack and summon quotes are references to the 2013 song "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" by Fall Out Boy.
- During the Hearthstone Collegiate Championships in May 2017, caster Excoundrel had some trouble remembering Wickerflame's name and mistakenly referred to him as "Wickerspark Bumbo".
- BlizzCon 2016, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Hearthstone What's New Panel
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-12-01).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-11-15).
- No caster has ever forgotten a card name as hard as I did during the TESPA tournament. - Reddit. Retrieved on 2017-07-22.
- No caster has ever forgotten a card name as hard as I did during the TESPA tournament. - Twitch. Retrieved on 2017-07-22.