Notes[edit | edit source]
- All Spare Parts cost 1 mana, and directly affect a chosen minion. Most Spare Parts can be used on any minion, but 2 can only be used on friendly minions.
- Generation of Spare Parts is always random, with any Spare Part potentially being placed into the player's hand.
- Spare Parts are uncollectible and cannot be added to decks. Instead, they can be obtained through certain minions, whose effects generate one or more of the cards. Most of these minions generate the Spare Parts through Deathrattles and Battlecries, the exception being Mech-Bear-Cat, who generates them through a repeatable triggered effect. Most also generate Spare Parts only for the controlling player, but Mechanical Yeti generates one for both players.
- If your opponent casts Finicky Cloakfield then you steal the affected minion (such as by using Sylvanas Windrunner), the minion will still unstealth at the start of your opponent's turn. (Before Patch 22.214.171.12474 (WotOG patch), it would unstealth at the start of the newest controller's turn regardless of number of steals.)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As 1 mana spells, Spare Parts have great synergy with triggered effects like those of Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Gazlowe, Mana Wyrm, Mana Addict, Yogg-Saron and Archmage Antonidas. They can also be easily used in synergy with Fjola Lightbane and Eydis Darkbane, and work well to activate Combo effects like Eviscerate and Edwin VanCleef.
Cards[edit | edit source]
Generating cards[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Once a goblin or gnome has finished creating their crazy inventions, what do they do with all of the leftover parts? That’s a trick question – to goblins and gnomes, there’s no such thing as leftover parts! When one of their inventions clash on the field of battle, there’s bound to be a screw that comes loose, a rusted over whirling blade that falls off, or a crumpled up reversing switch left on the battlefield when the smoke clears. These spare parts left over from Mechs are just the thing a clever goblin or gnome needs to improve on their next wacky invention.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Goblins vs Gnomes: Spare Parts! (2014-11-20)
|By minion type|
|By ability||Evergreen keywords|
|By effect type|
|By card set||Standard|