Battlecry: Draw a card.
"Half of this class will not graduate… since they'll have been turned to chickens." - Tinkmaster Overspark, teaching Gizmos 101.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Novice Engineer are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the druid class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Novice Engineer has poor stats for its cost, thus it is usually played for its Battlecry, which allows the controlling player to immediately draw a card. This card's card draw effect can be useful in combination with cards like Questing Adventurer or Edwin VanCleef. This card's Battlecry also makes it a good target for use with return effects such as Shadowstep, allowing the player to draw a second card.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I hope you like my invention!
- Oh, if you're sure?
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gnomes are a race known for their ingenuity and engineering inventions.
- Gnomes tend to design fairly complicated devices that are relatively safe. Gnomes are in many ways commensurate organizers: a gnome can spend as much time (or more) organizing and planning a project as they do actually working on it. If the design fails, they try to learn why, and fix it if they can. If they meet with success, they will continue to tinker with it and improve the design, often for years afterward. Thus, many gnomish designs feature a high degree of complexity and a low chance of failure, the exceptions being those that dabble with chaos energy — but even then, they take steps to ensure the worst that could happen is a brief, non-fatal failure.
- Gnomes overplan new projects, producing blueprints and schematics that can take longer to make than the device itself. While this cautious attitude results in higher quality products and a greater success rate, it often takes so long that cost overruns creep in. While a goblin would scream and flee at the mere thought of a cost overrun, a gnome simply shrugs and presses on. If a project fails to work correctly the first time, a gnome will continue to tinker with it, while a goblin would usually give up and move to something else. Thus, gnomish items have very low failure rates compared to goblin items.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Tinker Casey Springlock.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5258 (2014-1-16): Now a 1/1 (down from 1/2).
- Previously: Battlecry: Draw a card. [2 mana, 1 attack, 2 health, free]