Mistress of Pain
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Lifesteal, Restore Health|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Her sister is the Mistress of Pane who sells windows and shower doors.
How to getEdit
Mistress of Pain can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Mistress of Pain can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Mistress of Pain||100||20|
|Golden Mistress of Pain||800||100|
- Whenever this minion deals damage, it will restore the exact same amount of Health to its controlling hero too.
- If Betrayal is cast upon Mistress of Pain, her triggered effect will activate once for each minion hit.
- As with all healing effects, if combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow Mistress of Pain will instead deal damage to the controlling hero. Before Patch 126.96.36.19957, this damage was counted as damage dealt by the Mistress of Pain herself, causing the effect to trigger again and again, until the controlling hero was killed. This was not considered a bug. More precisely, the infinite loop would stop once the hero has been in negative Health following three consecutive triggers or after 61 triggers, whichever happened first.
While this card has very low Attack, as a Demon it can be buffed with cards like Demonheart to increase its attack, giving Warlocks a marginal source of healing.
As a 1-Attack minion, it combos well with Hobgoblin.
Lightwarden can receive buffs from the healing generated.
- I can ease your pain.
- When used in combination with an Auchenai Soulpriest, this minion was specifically designed to take the player's Health to at least -3 before stopping, in order to prevent a simultaneously triggered healing effect from activating and saving the player from death.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Lynxia.
- Patch 188.8.131.5257 (2017-08-08): Text changed from "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero." to "Lifesteal."
- Patch 184.108.40.20620 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Whenever this minion deals damage, restore that much Health to your hero." to "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero."
- Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.