Greater Arcane Missiles
|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
Shoot three missiles at random enemies that deal 3 damage each.
Wow, and I thought Arcane Missiles was great!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Greater Arcane Missiles||400||100|
|Golden Greater Arcane Missiles||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
This spell shoots 3 missiles, each one dealing damage to a randomly selected enemy character:
- Each missile is resolved (queuing and resolving triggered effects, such as that of Acolyte of Pain) before the next one is shot.
- As with all random effects, the missiles can hit any enemy, including Stealthed minions and the enemy hero.
- Characters which have been mortally wounded by earlier missiles or destroyed by triggered effects like Acidmaw will not be selected as targets for subsequent missiles (thus preventing missiles from dealing 'overkill' damage to targets that have already been destroyed by earlier missiles).
- Bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen will increase the damage dealt by each missile (rather than increasing the number of missiles as they do with Arcane Missiles): for example, with Spell Damage +2 this spell will shoot 3 missiles, each one dealing 5 damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Its very high cost compared to the "regular" Arcane Missiles suggests that is meant to played with Inkmaster Solia, or another cost reduction effect like Emperor Thaurissan. Otherwise this card will be unusable until Turn 7, by which point Firelands Portal provides much more value.
This card synergizes with spell power greatly, since spell damage is applied to each missile this means that spell power has effectively three times the effect. A +2 in spell power means this spell does 15 damage, 5 for each missile.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Place on Twitter. (2016-11-29).