Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series Season 1
|This article is a tournament stub. You can help Gamepedia by expanding it.|
|ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series Season 1|
|Format:||Bo3, Single Elimination|
|Share this page|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series is a premier Hearthstone tournament series hosted by ESL and sponsored by Newegg. It is a 12-week-long series with two cups per week. Players compete for a chance to play in the offline playoffs at ESL's studio in Burbank, California.
Format[edit | edit source]
Challenger Tournament[edit | edit source]
The Challenger Tournament is an open signup tournament with a US$500 prize pool for each of the 12 weeks.
- Best of three, single elimination brackets
- The winner must retain their deck, but the loser cannot use the same deck again
- No sideboarding
- A top two finish guarantees participation in that week’s Legendary Series Match Day
Match Day[edit | edit source]
The Match Day features eight of the best Hearthstone players in the world every week.
Week 1-8[edit | edit source]
- Eight players will fight for ranking points which will determine who will attend the grand finals.
- The participants in each week's Match Day will be selected using the following criteria:
|Week 1||Week 2-5||Week 6-8|
|invitees based on merit||4||4||3|
|from previous week's top 4||2*||2||3|
|from that week's Challenger Top 2||2||2||2|
* Week 1's 2 players will come from the NESL Preseason tournament point totals after playing through a bracket of the top 8.
Week 9-12[edit | edit source]
- $500 in Prizes per week
- Continued invites for points in next season week 1
- Different formats possible as ESL continue exciting cups while finalist players book travel to LA Studios
Grand Finals[edit | edit source]
Eight players will advance to the LAN finals at ESL's studio in Burbank, California, with the grand finals themselves having a US$20,000 share of the prize pool to distribute among the contestants. Players can secure a spot for the playoffs based on their past performances in the following ways:
- Via one of four invites given to the first place winners of weeks five, six, seven or eight
- Via one of four invites given to those with the top four point totals at the end of week eight
Prize Pool[edit | edit source]
$36,000 USD is spread among the players as follows:
- $20,000 split between players for the Season Grand Finals
- $8,000 split between players for Weekly Tournament Prizes
- $8,000 split between players for travel support to the Season Grand Finals