Djinni of Zephyrs
|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Cast spell, Copy|
|Tags:||Spell-related, Triggered effect|
After you cast a spell on another friendly minion, cast a copy of it on this one.
If you want your wish granted, don't rub him the wrong way.
How to getEdit
|Djinni of Zephyrs||400||100|
|Golden Djinni of Zephyrs||1600||400|
- While this is in play, whenever the controlling player casts a spell on a friendly minion, a second copy of the spell will be cast on this minion. This counts as a full second cast, including secondary effects such as the card draw in Power Word: Shield.
- Targeting conditions of spells (such as Demonfuse requiring a Demon target, or Shadow Word: Pain requiring a 3 or less Attack target) are only checked when the player targets a spell. Djinni of Zephyrs does not require the targeting condition to be true for itself to copy the spell.
- However, spells that have a conditional effect that does not restrict targeting (such as Ice Lance and Demonfire) check the condition while resolving. For example, if you cast Demonfire on your demon, the demon will get +2/+2, then Djinni of Zephyrs copies the spell and takes 2 damage.
- Copies of Combo cards retain their original comboed or uncomboed status.
- Djinni of Zephyrs is a trigger in the After Spell Phase, which begins only after death processing from the Spell Text Phase (where the spell itself resolves) finishes. That means that all your Djinni of Zephyrs, Flamewakers and Wild Pyromancers will resolve before Hearthstone checks for deaths. (In addition, Djinni of Zephyrs has a special priority that makes it trigger last in the After Spell Phase, regardless of order of play). This leads to the following consequences:
- If the spell is Countered by Counterspell, or if the target of the spell is an enemy minion by the time the After Spell Phase begins (such as due to Spellbender), Djinni of Zephyrs will not trigger. Conversely, if the targeted minion is friendly by the time the After Spell Phase begins (such as due to Shadow Madness or Mind Control), Djinni of Zephyrs WILL trigger.
- If a Djinni of Zephyrs is brought into play or taken control of by the time the After Spell Phase begins (such as due to Deathlord or Sylvanas Windrunner), it will trigger. Conversely, if Djinni of Zephyrs leaves play (including due to death) or leaves your control, it will not trigger.
- The targeted minion does not have to be in play or even alive, so long as it is friendly - It can be in the Graveyard, Hand, Setaside or Deck Zones. This means that Djinni of Zephyrs will copy Shadowstep, Naturalize, Entomb and Hex, for example.
- Shadow Madness or Potion of Madness will grant Djinni of Zephyrs Charge. This is because these spells cause the minion to become friendly first, and then give it Charge so it can attack. Since Djinni checks to see if a minion a friendly after the spell is resolved, it will gain Charge as well.
- Mind Control will affect Djinni of Zephyrs in the same way, giving it summoning sickness instead of Charge.
- For similar reasons, Djinni of Zephyrs will trigger when Entomb is played on an enemy minion. Entomb causes the minion to become friendly first, and then shuffles it into the deck. Since Djinni checks to see if a minion is friendly after the spell is resolved, Entomb will shuffle Djinni into the deck as well, alongside the Entombed minion.
- Shadow Madness, Potion of Madness and Mind Control will attempt to move Djinni of Zephyrs from your side of the battlefield to the same side of the battlefield. This means that your board contains 7 minions, it sees the destination is full and dies. Since Djinni of Zephyrs triggers in the After Spell Phase, the minion from both Mind Control and Shadow Madness will count towards the check for 7 minions. 
- Djinni of Zephyrs copying a spell with Overload will not give you more Overload.
- If you cast a spell on an enemy Weasel Tunneler causing it to die, and have a Djinni of Zephyrs, the Djinni will trigger and copy the spell, as the target of the spell is now friendly.
- While many of the less obvious interactions with the Djinni are confirmed as working correctly, Ben Brode has stated that he would like to change the rules to prevent some of these "eventually".
Particularly interesting interactions with this card include Explorer's Hat, Silvermoon Portal, and Moonglade Portal. The Explorer's Hat copies onto the Djinni, meaning it gains +1/+1 and will also add an additional hat to your hand upon death. Meanwhile, when one of these Portals is played on Djinni, it will copy the Portals' summoning effect as well, which will summon an additional minion of the corresponding cost.
One noteworthy combo involving Djinni of Zephyrs involves the cards Potion of Madness and Shadow Madness. Using these cards on an enemy minion causes it to become friendly for the turn, and also gives it Charge which allows it to attack that turn. Since Djinni checks to see if a minion a friendly after the spell is resolved, this will give Djinni Charge as well. The combo involves playing Djinni of Zephyrs taking control of a enemy minion with one of these spells. Then, Health buffs such as Power Word: Shield or Divine Spirit is played on the new, temporarily friendly minion. Finally, Inner Fire or Confuse is used to convert Health to Attack. Djinni of Zephyrs will gain Charge as well as the effects of the buffs, which allows priests to deal massive burst damage.
- This is no place for mortals!
- Leave this place!
- A djinn (pronounced genie) is a type of powerful air elemental that can be found in the Skywall. Most djinn in World of Warcraft are powerful lieutenants of Al'Akir. They made their first appearance during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
- It was the djinn that gave the tol'vir back their immortality as creatures of stone, in exchange for their allegiance to Deathwing. The only tribe of tol'vir to accept the offer were the Neferset. When the Orsis tribe refused to serve Deathwing, Al'Akir's djinn buried the city beneath a mighty sandstorm.
- Patch 126.96.36.19917 (2017-10-17): No longer triggers off of Entomb.
- Patch 188.8.131.5222 (2017-07-10): Now an Elemental; previously no minion type.
- Patch 184.108.40.20620 (2017-02-28): Will now correctly copy spells buffed by spell damage.
- Patch 220.127.116.1156 (2015-12-04): "Whenever" changed to "After", correcting the card's text to match its function.
- Patch 18.104.22.16833 (2015-11-10): Added.
- Blizzcon 2015 Hearthstone League of Explorers Panel – 1080p. (2015-11-07).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSKr0dO4ds Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12433 (LoE patch)
- https://youtu.be/r2fIjQYrSDo Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19933 (LoE Patch)
- Tested by culinko, 2016-04-08.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-12-22).