Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Disciple of C'Thun
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage. Give your C'Thun +2/+2 (wherever it is).
C’Thun’s recruiting pitch involves cookies, which is why it’s the most popular Old God.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Disciple of C'Thun||100||20|
|Golden Disciple of C'Thun||800||100|
Related cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's Battlecry has two steps:
- This card will not be included in Arena picks (along with C'Thun and all other related cards). However, it may still appear in Arena matches through random effects.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While this card obviously has a place in a C'Thun deck, its Battlecry allows decks without C'Thun to benefit from it. Its use is comparable to Ironforge Rifleman: the 1 extra damage from its Battlecry can result in a better trade, but its 1 Health makes it more susceptible to removal.
It is by far the most aggressive and early game of the C'Thun-related cards, and makes an excellent counter to early attempts by the opponent to develop their board. It can be used in the later game for efficient trading or small minion removal.
Of note also is the card's synergy with return to hand effects (such as those from Youthful Brewmaster or Shadowstep). Such effects allow the player to rapidly build up their C'Thun, while also dealing a substantial amount of targeted damage, allowing for great control over the board.
Note that this card counters a slow-controlling opening by a Shaman: its Battlecry kills any Hero Power totem, and three out of four totems summoned by the Hero Power die if this card attacks them, leaving the Disciple unscathed. The only totem from the Shaman's Hero Power that can kill C'Thun's Disciple is Searing Totem.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- C'Thun. C'Thun. C'Thun!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card was designed by Mike Donais. It was "the last piece of the puzzle" of making C'Thun balanced but also interesting, with sufficient gameplay and interaction.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5274 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthhead.com - Hearthstone's Whispers of the Old Gods - Everything We Know. (2016-03-11).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-03-15).
- IGN - BLIZZARD ON DESIGNING HEARTHSTONE’S OLD GODS. (2016-06-20).