Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Shuffle into deck|
Battlecry: Shuffle a copy of your opponent's deck into your deck.
Nobody expects the Archbishop's Benediction!
How to get
|Golden Archbishop Benedictus||3200||1600|
Archbishop Benedictus is a slow Legendary minion that can seriously tip the game in the Priest's favor in the right matchup. In most situations, the card's effect will be insignificant, however in some games, especially against long-game control decks or fatigue style decks, its effect can almost guarantee a victory if the game reaches fatigue. Combined with effects such as Amara, Warden of Hope or Reno Jackson, immense amounts of time can be added to the game in favor of the Priest.
If played before you get the cards you need drawn from your deck, it makes it harder to draw certain cards from your deck. For example Reno Jackson or Kazakus since you now have more cards in your deck which reduces the chance to get them. If you want to play it, try to wait out until you got your cards you need
In Arena, however, its poor stats cause it to ultimately be a poor card, especially since Arena games very rarely reach fatigue.
- My master will return!
- Archbishop Benedictus was a student of Archbishop Alonsus Faol and succeeded him as the leader of the Church of the Holy Light. He was later revealed as the Twilight Prophet (or Twilight Father) of the Twilight's Hammer cult after the death of Cho'gall. As such, he was a high-ranking lieutenant of Deathwing and the Old Gods, and aided them in their efforts to destroy all life on Azeroth. He was slain at Wyrmrest Temple while attempting to waylay the orc shaman Thrall and his allies.
- Benedictus is also depicted in the art for Visions of Valor, a Tavern Brawl card which was added to the game long before Benedictus himself.
- Benedictus' flavor text is a reference to the principal catchphrase "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" from the Spanish Inquisition sketch in the British comedy series Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- This catchphrase is also referenced by the flavor text of Vilefin Inquisitor.
- Patch 22.214.171.12457 (2017-08-08): Added.