Zola the Gorgon
|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate|
Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Add a Golden copy of it to your hand.
Her name seems a bit cheesy.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Zola the Gorgon||1600||400|
|Golden Zola the Gorgon||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Zola the Gorgon adds a copy of a minion you currently control to your hand; the copy being Golden is primarily for flair, but the copying effect is still highly valuable. Unlike cards that return to hand like Youthful Brewmaster, her effect does not kill tempo. Zola's effect is best used on minions with powerful Battlecries, or in decks where having multiple copies of a minion is extremely useful (such as Jade Golem decks or decks based around The Caverns Below). Quest reward minions like Amara, Warden of Hope are very powerful minions to copy.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Such a perfect specimen.
- Look at me!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Sea witches, also known as tide priestesses, are naga casters of frost and lightning spells.
- These scaly denizens of the ocean have often been associated with the coming of prodigious storms, but few have actually seen them rise from the sea and lived to tell the tale.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Greek mythology, the Gorgons are hideous female monsters, usually three sisters by the names of Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa, that have hair made out of living, venomous snakes and a visage that petrify onlookers. Warcraft's naga sea witches are inspired by the Gorgons in that they also have hair made out of living snakes, but the term "Gorgon" has not previously been explicitly used in Warcraft.
- As referenced in her flavor text, Zola's name is a pun on Gorgonzola, a type of Italian blue cheese.
- This is the first card whose card text explicitly mentions Golden cards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-12-06).