Zerek, Master Cloner
|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Abilities:||Copy, Deathrattle, Summon|
|Tags:||Resurrection effect, Spell-related|
Deathrattle: If you've cast any spells on this minion, resummon it.
His original name was Aerek. Then the first clone was Berek. They went evil around Merek.
- For the boss of the same name, see Zerek, Master Cloner (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Zerek, Master Cloner||1600||400|
|Golden Zerek, Master Cloner||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If another minion copies Zerek's Deathrattle (Ex. Unearthed Raptor, Da Undatakah), it will summon a copy of Zerek when activated, not a copy of itself.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- At last, immortality!
- Effect triggering
- Even death is obsolete.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Zerek is an ethereal, a race from the planet K'aresh who were transformed into energy beings when the void lord Dimensius came to their world. Zerek himself is unique to Hearthstone.
- *** Begin Master Cloner Zerek Transcript ***
- Recording Mech Unit: G4LV-NZR
- ::G4LV-NZR enthusiastic greeting::
- ::G4LV-NZR query::
- I am pleased to provide a status update on the progress of my experiments. An organized system is a more perfect system.
- My people, the ethereals, lost our corporeal forms long ago, becoming energy-based beings in the process. While that offers many advantages over our sloppy, meat-based counterparts, it presents challenges in others. I’ve spent much of my life searching for a way to ensure the survival of our most important personage: myself. The answer? Cloning!
- ::G4LV-NZR query::
- My work has progressed swiftly. The chamber in which we stand houses my Cloning Gallery: row upon row of cloning chambers, each capable of growing duplicates of an encyclopedic array of beings on demand. With the power of this facility, I can produce an army of those clones at will, and my proprietary process allows them to grow to full maturity at a vastly accelerated rate.
- ::G4LV-NZR bemused observation::
- I’m aware of that! I said “maturity,” not “size.” When produced en masse, they are much smaller than usual and regrettably moist. And leper gnomes are always small and moist.
- ::G4LV-NZR metallic snickering::
- If perfection was easy, everyone would do it!
- This is an enormous undertaking, mech—I can’t be everywhere at once! Yet. That’s why we’re here, after all. Cloning biologicals is simple. As an energy-based life form, cloning a perfect version of myself has proven . . . challenging. My current assistant is less methodical than I’d like.
- Please relay to Dr. Boom that I require an assistant with the wit and precision for the work at hand. And if they manage to meet my expectations? Well, I’ll make more.
- *** End Master Cloner Zerek Transcript ***
Known Bugs[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124770 (2018-08-02): Added.