|Abilities:||Battlecry, Return to hand|
Battlecry: Return a friendly minion from the battlefield to your hand.
His youthful enthusiasm doesn’t always equal excellence in his brews. Don’t drink the Mogu Stout!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Youthful Brewmaster can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Youthful Brewmaster can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Youthful Brewmaster||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Youthful Brewmaster has decent stats for its cost, but also offers a return effect Battlecry, returning a target friendly minion to the owner's hand. Note that the Battlecry must be used if possible, which can at times be a significant drawback. However, the Battlecry effect cannot target the Brewmaster itself, so the Brewmaster can be safely played when no other friendly minions are on the field, effectively negating its Battlecry.
There are two main strategic uses for return effects. The first is when used in conjunction with a minion with a useful Battlecry, such as Nightblade, to make use of the Battlecry more than once. Play the Battlecry minion, play Youthful Brewmaster, then play the Battlecry minion again.
The second is to return a minion to its original stats, and remove any enchantments. Ideally, use the minion to attack, allowing it to deal and take damage, then return it to your hand allowing you to play it again at full health. Note that return effects will not remove transformations. So the Youthful Brewmaster's ability cannot revert a Polymorphed or Hexed minion, for example.
When combined with temporary mind control effects such as Potion of Madness and Shadow Madness, a return effect allows you to permanently steal an enemy minion that would otherwise return to the opponent at the end of your turn.
If a Youthful Brewmaster returns a Brann Bronzebeard to the hand, the animation will play twice: first the Youthful Brewmaster will throw a barrel on the Brann minion on the board, and then on the Brann card in the hand. This will not, however, have any special gameplay consequence compared to returning any other minion.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Drink with me, friend!
- Challenge accepted!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Hailing from the secretive Pandaren Empire, the mighty brewmasters travel the world in search of exotic ales and the finest brewed spirits. These affable warriors rarely seek out danger or trouble, preferring instead to spend their time concocting new and tasty beverages for any brave enough to imbibe them. However, if attacked, the laughing brewmasters bring all of their pandaren agility and ferocity to bear! They even bring their beer to war! They are peerless warriors and world class drinkers all in one!
- A rare few pandaren walk outside of their culture's normal ways. Brewmasters are those pandaren given to a fondness for drink. Rather than them being relegated to some outcast place in society, however, pandaren highly regard those who show such a propensity. These pandaren, like all their kind, master a craft: theirs is the creation of ales, wines and other spirits.
- Yet the term "spirits" is not used facetiously among these folk, for those who would become brewmasters learn which plants, berries, and fungi harbor the most powerful spirits. They harvest these spirits and awaken them, allowing the one fortunate enough to drink one of these Master Brews to actually see and commune with the spirit.
- The brewmasters learn their strange, drunken wardance from these spirits. Brewmasters are the only pandaren who are exempt from the strictures regarding the ability to create and destroy — in all things, the brewmasters are too busy listening to the spirits that swirl about within their heads to care what their peers think.
- A warrior Hero, the brewmasters of Pandaria have emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the highest bidder.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
This card is the "youngest" form of the three Brewmaster cards:
- Young - Youthful Brewmaster
- Old - Ancient Brewmaster
- Only the youngest and oldest have the return ability.
The card art specifically depicts Chen Stormstout.
- From Wowpedia:
- Chen Stormstout is a legendary pandaren brewmaster from the Wandering Isle who left his home to journey the lands, searching for exotic ingredients for his ever-evolving concoctions. A skilled brewer and very powerful monk, Chen enjoys taking life easy as he travels from place to place. He truly made a name for himself when he joined Rexxar and Rokhan during The Founding of Durotar, helping the new nation against Admiral Proudmoore. Chen continued his travels while staying mostly out of major affairs for several years until Pandaria was revealed to the rest of the world. With his niece Li Li, he joined the Horde and Alliance in exploring the rediscovered continent. Chen serves as a major character during Pandaria's storyline and the subsequent Darkspear Rebellion.