Your other minions have +3 Attack and Charge.
Yong Woo is a former Blizzard employee and member of Team 5 who served as Lead Producer for Hearthstone until his departure from the company on August 15, 2018. He is currently the Production Director at Second Dinner. He is featured in the credits card of the same name.
Official[edit | edit source]
As a senior producer on Blizzard Entertainment's Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft team, Yong Woo is responsible for managing the team’s schedule and keeping the project on track. He also works in Live Operations, making sure Hearthstone is running stably and that problems are handled expediently.
Woo joined Blizzard Entertainment in May 2009, serving as producer for the art and design team for StarCraft II Battle.net integration. Before arriving at Blizzard, he was involved in mobile startups, shipping the first phone with preloaded GPS enabled Google Maps in the U.S.
In addition to computer games, Woo's interests include board and card games like Netrunner, Race for the Galaxy, and Dominion. He’s also been known to dabble in triathlons as well as rock climbing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before Hearthstone, Woo worked on Starcraft II and Diablo III.
- In late 2016 Woo was promoted from Senior Game Producer to Lead Producer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Woo describes himself as "kind of obsessed with playing Priest". Priest was Woo's first level 60 class and first golden hero. In 2014 he ran a #PriestRevolution campaign on Twitter.
- Woo can sometimes be found streaming his Hearthstone play on Twitch.
- Woo was the man most directly responsible for "pushing the button" to release the game's first adventure, Curse of Naxxramas.
- Woo joined Blizzard in mid 2009, and in 2014 was awarded his five-year sword. While interviewing for the position, Woo met Ben Brode, who was performing in full costume at that year's Guitar Hero competition.
- Woo recalls playing World of Warcraft with his sister He-Rim Woo (herself a designer on the team). The two would "smuggle goods" from the Alliance to the Horde through the neutral auctioneers in Gadgetzan. These memories helped fuel Woo's enthusiasm for the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan concept.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2017-01-03).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2018-08-15).
- "Production Director, co-founder at @SecondDinner. Previously Hearthstone Production Director @ Blizzard." —Yong Woo Twitter description. Retrieved on 2018-08-16.
- Blizzard Press Center
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-07-08).
- Hearthhead - Iksar: Patches Deck Is "Maybe The Single Hardest Deck To Play". (2016-11-13).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-07-22).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2014-05-29).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2014-07-25).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-12-20).
- Yong Woo, live on stream. (2014-12-13).
- Hearthhead - Mean Streets Of Gadgetzan Started With A Gangster Murloc. (2016-11-09).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2016-07-25).