|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever this minion takes damage, also deal that amount to your hero.
After playing against 5 Annoy-O-Trons, any normal guard will become a Wrathguard.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whenever this minion takes damage, it will deal the exact same amount of damage to its controlling hero too. In particular:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is basically a Felstalker with a different drawback. It is very useful in an aggressive deck if played on curve due to its high stats for a 2 drop. The user must be careful however because if played late game the enemy will likely attack it with a high Attack minion or high damage spell (like Shield Slam) in order to both remove a threat and deal a high amount of damage to the hero at the same time.
Wrathguard is a very good target for Treachery, in that it can synergize with AoE effects Hellfire and Felfire Potion to deal double the damage to the hero or using Shadowflame to also hurt the enemy hero.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Betrayal of the Guardian" series, for the card Wrathguard Defender.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You will regret this.
- Feel my pain!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The demonic wrathguard are members of the man'ari eredar species that act as an honor guard for the more important members of their race, leaders of the Burning Legion. They appear to be the man'ari analog of warriors. They are also considered to be front-line troops.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-03).