|Abilities:||Battlecry, Set attribute, Taunt|
Battlecry: Lose 1 Health for each card in your opponent's hand.
You know what they say about people with big hands? Small bears.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Witchwood Grizzly can be obtained through The Witchwood card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Witchwood Grizzly can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Witchwood Grizzly||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion cannot be healed to 12 health if it is summoned when the opponent has cards (i.e., if it is summoned with 10 health, it is maxed at 10).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has immense base health, but its effectiveness is matchup-dependent. The opponent needs to have 4 cards or less for Witchwood Grizzly to be on par with its statline. In practice, this card works better against aggro decks that don't keep a large hand by the time you can play Witchwood Grizzly while having enough attack to fend them off. It's less effective against control, combo, and especially hand decks, which tend to hoard cards.
Witchwood Grizzly is also a great card to resurrect for Priest. Being able to double Divine Spirit and Inner Fire or Topsy Turvy to deal up to 48 damage. It also has strong synergy with Lady in White, giving it 9 extra Attack.
Hunters can Recruit this card with Kathrena Winterwisp, bypassing its Battlecry and giving you a powerful 12 health Taunt wall. Abominable Bowman can be used to resurrect this card, again with the full 12 health.
If you somehow suspect that your opponent holds this card in your hand, you can try to minimize the amount of cards you use.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card is one of the few Beasts that have been excluded from Deathstalker Rexxar's hero power. It shares this distinction with King of Beasts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19952 (2018-07-10): Art has been adjusted to appear less ghostly.
- Patch 188.8.131.5266 (2018-04-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Donais on Reddit. (2018-03-31). Retrieved on 2018-04-01.