A kobold berserker who never fights alone.
Hero powers[edit | edit source]
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Hunter||Giant Sand Worm||2|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Encounter[edit | edit source]
- King Togwaggle
- Good ol' Whompwhisker is being angriest of kobolds.
- Give back candle!
- Shut talk-hole! Fight!
- Everybody... Fight!
- Pile on!
Play Horn of Cenarius
- What - WHAT? You fight dirty!
- ME take candle. You take NOTHING.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Whompwhisker is unique to hearthstone. He is a kobold brawler who enjoys fighting.
- Kobolds are rat-like humanoids that dwell in underground tunnels and spend their lives mining, primarily for gold. They evolved from troggs.They are cowardly, cringing folk who live in fear of larger races and rarely venture outside their tunnels. However, while not powerful individually, they congregate in large numbers and can prove a nuisance and occasionally a danger.
- Kobolds live in tunnels going deep into the Alterac and Redridge Mountains. Kobolds are most at home in the dark underground, as bright light causes them discomfort. As they cannot, however, see perfectly in the dark, kobolds also have a great affinity for candles.
- Kobolds are cowardly and flee from most combat. Nonetheless, they are tenacious and fierce when cornered, so when their lairs (or candles) are threatened, they attack with abandon. Unfortunately for them, they are not particularly intelligent and their tactics leave much to be desired: though they are naturally stealthy, they use this ability for escape more than ambush, and they usually try to overwhelm opponents with large numbers rather than defeat them using strategic cunning. Further, kobolds are sometimes so cowardly that they refuse to help their friends when they fall under attack nearby – these craven creatures will simply go about their business (sweating in fear all the while) and hope that the troublesome adventurers will leave them alone.
- Kobolds trade the gold and other minerals they unearth to goblins and other patrons for all the goods they need to survive; occasionally they purchase protection as well. They will take over abandoned mines and scavenge equipment whenever they can do so safely.
- The grimy, vermin-like kobolds dwell deep within the crags and rocky caves of the Redridge Mountains. These slovenly creatures are best known for their penchant for digging and their underground excavations. Most recently, the Kobolds have found themselves falling prey to the merciless Riverpaw Pack of Gnolls. These cunning Gnolls have proven themselves to be merciless taskmasters, forcing the Kobolds into an existence of neverending drudgery. Since their enslavement, the historically meek Kobolds have grown bitter and aggressive toward any creature that meddles with their ceaseless labor.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like the Grim Guzzler, Whompwhisker's Hero Power causes both players to continuously recruit minions. Unlike the Grim Guzzler, you cannot build your deck to make the most of it. Mulligan for a low curve to increase the chances of Whompwhisker recruiting your costlier minions. If you do have higher-cost minions with Battlecry effects, take into consideration your ability to last long enough to actually play that minion as opposed to getting its free stats on the board. Whompwhisker will start putting down high-stat minions like Sleepy Dragon or Eldritch Horror, so play aggressively and try to keep hard removal around to deal with his threats.
Whompwhisker heavily favors clearing the player's board over damaging their health. This won't cause him to miss lethal damage, but it can allow the player to significantly delay him by playing minions that would otherwise be inconsequential.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.