Whizbang the Wonderful
Whizbang the Wonderful
|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
You start the game with one of Whizbang's Wonderful Decks!
From the prestigious Westfall Wonderfuls.
- For Whizbang's appearance as a hero when choosing a deck, see Whizbang the Wonderful (hero).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Whizbang the Wonderful||1600||400|
|Golden Whizbang the Wonderful||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When Whizbang is added to a player's deck in the collection manager, he replaces the hero for that deck in the deck screen, removes all other cards from the deck, and renames it to "Whizbang is Wonderful". When the player starts a game, their deck will be one of the 18 current non-classic Deck Recipes, chosen at random, using the class's standard hero (not necessarily your favorite hero for that class). You will not be shown which of the class's decks you have.
- The first, third, and seventh times a player wins a game using a deck provided by Whizbang, a dialogue window will appear after the game informing the player of the name of the Deck Recipe used.
- Whatever card back you use for your Whizbang deck will be used for the deck he gives you. If your Whizbang card is golden, you'll play with a golden hero and an all-golden deck. (This might give away to your opponent that you're playing with Whizbang, and, thus, are not familiar with your own deck!) If your Whizbang card is not golden, your deck will contain no golden cards, no matter what golden cards may be in your collection.
- The deck you're given will not actually contain Whizbang, so you won't be able to play him. His stats only matter if the card is somehow created after a game starts through a random generation effect, in which case he is an ordinary 4/5 minion with no special effect.
- You'll earn experience for whichever class you played as. Wins achieved in Ranked play count towards the total number of wins for that class (for earning golden heroes).
- Whizbang will also not appear in card search and is not available for crafting to New Players until they have reached Rank 25 and above in the Ranked Games.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Stand back and be amazed!
- Effect triggering
- Ready for some fun?
Lore[edit | edit source]
Whizbang is unique to Hearthstone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Whizbang went through some iteration during the development of The Boomsday Project. Very early on, his card text read: "When the game starts, replace your deck with one of Whizbang's wonderful decks". However, it took some iteration for Blizzard to figure out what they could reasonably do from a technical standpoint, as well as what was still fun and provided good gameplay in the long term. Peter Whalen cites the idea of a scrapped card from the League of Explorers set known as "Rafaam's mirror", whose text read: "When the game starts, your deck is replaced with your opponent's". Blizzard didn't really want to make that card, since promoting mirror matches in Ranked would have the downside of driving up the play-rate of the highest-played decks, and so the team wanted to find a cooler version of the idea. The team tried various different versions of having "a deck in a card", such as having an outright random deck or a copy of the last opponent's card. They eventually settled on having Whizbang give the player one of the Deck Recipes, which were designed to be fairly reasonable. The team then had to decide on whether the Deck Recipe would be chosen at random every day (so that, e.g., every player using Whizbang on one particular day would receive the same deck, a different deck the following day, and so on) or if it would be chosen at random every time the player played. The latter ended up being the slightly more fun option, and so it was the one the team settled on.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124770 (2018-08-02): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthside Chat: Welcome to Boom Labs. (2018-07-19). YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-07-19.
- Elite Z.H (2018-08-07). "Does Golden Whizbang the Wonderful makes golden deck?" Hearthstone. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-08-10.
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2018-08-08). Retrieved on 2018-08-10.
- Cam Shea (2018-09-27). Hearthstone: Team 5 on Designing The Boomsday Project's Legendaries. IGN. Retrieved on 2018-10-02.