|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Generate, Shuffle into deck, Taunt|
Deathrattle: Shuffle 'The Storm Guardian' into your deck.
My life for Aya!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden White Eyes||3200||1600|
Generated minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
White Eyes himself is a regular Taunt minion with acceptable stats, but what makes him powerful is his Deathrattle, shuffling The Storm Guardian into the player's deck. This extraordinarily powerful 10/10 Taunt minion costs only 5 mana, but may take some time to surface into the player's hand. Card draw effects like Mana Tide Totem, Ancestral Knowledge and Coldlight Oracle can help to cycle the player's deck quickly, making sure The Storm Guardian is drawn in time. In this respect White Eyes is a lesser Elise Starseeker, providing a weaker but more easily obtained win condition.
Faceless Manipulator can be used for more White Eyes, producing multiple Storm Guardians. Cards that duplicate Deathrattle effects like Spiritsinger Umbra and Baron Rivendare provide a similar benefit.
White Eyes's Deathrattle is best negated before it can be triggered, through Silences or transform effects. Alternatively, mind control effects can be used to steal White Eyes before then triggering his Deathrattle for yourself. Cards such as Thoughtsteal and Drakonid Operative can copy the Storm Guardian in an opponent's deck, placing the copied card in the player's hand.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My life is your shield.
- I protect!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Until then, they frighten each other with stories of our leader, saying things such as, “Hey, watch yer back, or White Eyes’ll jump outta da shadows and getcha” with that ridiculous accent. Nonetheless, the rumors surrounding White Eyes are surprisingly close to the truth. He is a powerful warrior—we know him to be as immovable as a mountain and as pitiless as a storm—but the taletellers are missing one important detail. A secret most of our family does not even know. He is not the leader of the Jade Lotus. He’s merely a figurehead, and the real power behind the Jade Lotus comes in a smaller—though no less dangerous—form. . . ."
White Eyes is unique to Hearthstone. An enormous pandaren, he is the sworn bodyguard of Aya Blackpaw, the true leader of the Jade Lotus, who issues commands to the rest of the organization through her loyal servant. In addition to being as immovable as a mountain and as pitiless as a storm, White Eyes is also "as swift as lightning". His shoulderpad is an ancient and extremely heavy pandaren bell, while his gauntlets are made from empty brewmaster kegs, thus demonstrating his immense size and strength.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- White Eyes' flavor text is a reference to Blizzard's StarCraft franchise and the protoss battle cry "My life for Aiur!"
- It is possible that White Eyes and the Storm Guardian are a reference to Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the G.I. Joe franchise, as White Eyes' clothing is similar to Snake Eyes' trademark black palette, while as the Storm Guardian he wears Storm Shadow's trademark white palette.
- This card's deathrattle is like the Prime cards from the Ashes of Outland set, predating this mechanic by over 4 years.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Concept art
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Secrets of the Jade Lotus. (2016-11-21).
- BlizzCon 2016, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Hearthstone What's New Panel