War Master Voone
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate|
Battlecry: Copy all Dragons in your hand.
War Master sounds cooler than Dragon Sitter.
- For the boss of the same name, see War Master Voone (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|War Master Voone||1600||400|
|Golden War Master Voone||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Voone is a great source of additional Dragon value, without the requirement of actually playing the dragons from your hand.
A threatening combo, as demonstrated in the promotional video Rastakhan’s Rumble: Ticket to Greatness Part 3, is to play Voone while you have high-value dragons such as Ysera, Primordial Drake, etc. Add a copy of Voone to your hand with Zola the Gorgon, and afterwards play The Boomship next turn, resulting in 3 high-health dragons with Rush. (Playing Zola isn't necessary, and is considered a bonus in value)
One of Voone's greatest attributes is his versatility. With the number of dragons available, particularly through Dragon Roar, and different effects they can have, this card can have a strong favorable impact on a game in several different ways, from creating more taunts or armor to play defensively, more control or aggressive minions, etc. This flexibility makes Voone a serious threat.
Even more powerful in Wild.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Ah, let's get dis party started!
- Rock on!
Lore[edit | edit source]
War Master Voone is a forest troll who is encountered as a boss in Lower Blackrock Spire in World of Warcraft. He is the leader of the Smolderthorn tribe and a leading member of the sinister Dark Horde.
- The Dark Horde, also referred to as the "true Horde", is a renegade group of orcs, trolls, ogres, and goblins who dwell in Blackrock Spire and consist largely of the remnants of the Blackrock clan and Dragonmaw clan. They were marshaled by Nefarian and ruled by the self-styled Warchief Rend Blackhand. Unlike the orcs of Thrall's Horde, they remained steadfast to the ideals of the old Horde and embraced the demonic bloodlust.
- From the World of Warcraft Adventure Guide
- During the Second War, Voone led small strike teams on daring missions into the heart of high elven territory. The cunning troll joined the false Horde because he wanted to be its chief strategist, not because he believed in Blackhand's ideology. Voone sees the splinter faction as an underdog, and he enjoys the satisfaction of overcoming insurmountable odds.
- Voone finds kindship in the rhino loa Akali. He’s a simple troll—he loves loud drums, a roaring crowd, and a raucous after-party—but his former employment by the Black Dragonflight will give Warriors special insight into the ways of dragons.
- [...] everybody loves War Master Voone. Not only are Voone’s parties legendary, rumor has it that he’s got friends in high places. Blackrock Mountain is pretty high up, right?
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- War Master Voone was originally announced in the promotional video Rastakhan’s Rumble: Ticket to Greatness Part 3 as a 5-mana 4/4 minion. However, this was later confirmed to be a mistake; Voone's Cost and stats were changed in development after the creation of the video, and as a result the video accidentally included an older, unused iteration of the card. The final, correct version of War Master Voone (a 4-mana 4/3) was revealed by the official Hearthstone Twitter account after the release of the video.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Press Center - Rastakhan's Rumble Announcement Press Kit, Rastakhan's Rumble Champions Fact Sheet enUS. (2018-11-02). Retrieved on 2018-11-06.
- Daxxarri (2018-11-12). Rastakhan’s Rumble: A New Challenger Approaches – Part 1. Retrieved on 2018-11-12.
- Hearthstone on Twitter. (2018-11-20).
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2018-11-20).