Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Set attribute|
Battlecry: Swap Health with another minion.
Vol'jin is a shadow hunter, which is like a shadow priest except more voodoo.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vol'jin's effect alters his Health and that of his target through buffs, allowing Silences to remove the effects.
- Vol'jin's effect works by setting both his current and maximum Health to the enemy's current Health, similar to Crazed Alchemist and Reversing Switch. This means the maximum Health of the target has no effect on the process.
- While it does not count as healing, if Vol'jin's buff causes a minion's Health to become lower than its base maximum, removing the buff will increase its Health by the same amount. This allows Vol'jin to be used in combination with a Silence to restore a minion to its full Health, or very close. For example, a 2 Health Deathwing would have its maximum Health reduced from 12 to 2 by Vol'jin's effect; Silencing Deathwing would then restore both its maximum and current Health to 12. However, a 1 Health Deathwing would only be restored to 11 Health, although its maximum Health would be restored to 12, leaving it damaged.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Vol'jin's ability will most likely be used at particularly opportune moments for trading a minion into another, especially if that minion would die regardless of its Health. Vol'jin's low health being swapped for an enemy taunt - especially taunts such as Ironbark Protector, Ancient of War, or other high-Health minions. Big 4 Attack minions like Ysera, which are otherwise hard to deal with for priest, can easily be taken care of. Vol'jin also plays to the priest ability to consistently boost Health, and their many healing abilities.
Direct damage abilities such as Shadowform, Holy Smite, Holy Nova or Stormpike Commando have great synergy with Vol'jin, allowing the Priest to steal the health from a high-health enemy minion and promptly destroy it.
Past bugs[edit | edit source]
Prior to Patch 220.127.116.1111, playing Vol'jin while all other minions on the board were stealthed would cause him to enter play as a 6/0 and thus instantly die.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Da spirits be restless.
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Garrosh)
- Who be da Warchief now? Heh, heh, heh.
- Here come da Voodoo.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "This world don't give us nothing, <name>. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back. This Horde be our family! We don't always see eye-to-eye. We come to blows before. But when we work together - ah - there's nothing this Horde can't do."
- - Vol'jin
- The shadow hunter Vol'jin, son of Sen'jin, was the current Warchief of the Horde, as well as Chieftain of the Darkspear tribe and rightful ruler of Durotar and the Echo Isles.
- Vol'jin swore to do everything in his power to lead the Darkspear tribe just as his late father, Sen’jin, would have. For years Vol'jin resided in Orgrimmar, offering strategic advice to Thrall and assisting with critical operations such as retaking the Undercity after the Forsaken bastion had been usurped by Grand Apothecary Putress and the dreadlord Varimathras. During the Cataclysm, however, Vol'jin came into conflict with the Horde’s new warchief, Garrosh Hellscream. Alienated by the orc’s extremism and lust for war, the troll leader departed Orgrimmar and took up residence on Darkspear Isle. Despite his conflict with the new warchief, Vol'jin remained loyal to the Horde and opposed the efforts of the Zandalari to create a new troll empire in the wake of the Shattering.
- By the time the war between the Alliance and Horde came to the shores of Pandaria, Vol'jin had become a bitter enemy of Garrosh. After surviving an assassination attempt by one of Hellscream's Kor'kron, Vol'jin went into hiding, while rallying support within the Horde itself to end Garrosh's reign. With Garrosh's defeat and capture, Vol'jin was led to assume the mantle of Warchief of the Horde, with the personal encouragement of Thrall and the rest of the Horde's leadership, becoming the first non-orc to earn the title. He ruled the Horde until he was mortally wounded during the battle for the Broken Shore; though he was evacuated back to Orgrimmar, he succumbed to fel poisoning from his wound. Following the guidance of the loa, with his dying breath Vol'jin named Sylvanas Windrunner, the queen of the Forsaken, as the new Warchief of the Horde.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card was leaked along with Iron Juggernaut, Trade Prince Gallywix, and Flame Leviathan, long before they were supposed to be revealed. Due to their very unique effects, many players believed the leaked cards to be a hoax.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16811 (2015-03-31): Bug fix: "Will no longer kill itself if the only other minion in play is stealthed".
- Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.