|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Put into battlefield|
Deathrattle: Put a random Demon from your hand into the battlefield.
"Void! Here, void! Here, buddy!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- By placing a Demon directly onto the battlefield, any Battlecry effects will not be activated. This can be very beneficial as most Demons' Battlecries have negative effects, such as damaging the warlock or discarding cards. This can allow the warlock to gain mana or card advantage and to gain access to powerful minions such as Pit Lord and Doomguard, without the balancing factor of their Battlecry drawbacks.
- This also means that Lord Jaraxxus, if chosen by Voidcaller, will be summoned as a minion, and will not replace the warlock.
- Because Voidcaller's Deathrattle does not activate until after it has died and been removed from the board, any Demons that are put into the hand during the process of killing the Voidcaller may be chosen by its Deathrattle to be put into the battlefield. For example, if the opponent kills your Voidcaller, activating your Duplicate, one of the two Voidcallers generated by the Secret may then be put into the battlefield by the Deathrattle of the original Voidcaller.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Patch 220.127.116.1133 or Patch 18.104.22.16856 (2015-12-04), Voidcaller, like Deathlord, used to have a bug where the newly summoned minions were considered the oldest in the order of play, instead of the newest.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Even if the player has no other demons in their hand (or their deck), the Voidcaller can be a useful 4-drop, due to its tendency to encourage the opponent to use Silences or Transforms to remove its Deathrattle. Since the opponent usually has no way of knowing what the warlock has in their hand, this can make it a reasonable Arena pick even with no other demons in the deck, acting to waste the opponent's valuable neutralisation spells.
This card matches well with Voidlord, making a huge Taunt minion in turn 4. Other demons that are advantageous to cheat out early are Mal'ganis and Fel Lord Betrug. In some decks like Cubelock and Control Warlock, Sense Demons is also used for higher chance of drawing this combo in early game.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- From the void I come.
- To the void.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Voidcaller's art was originally used for Voidwalker, but was replaced during the game's alpha by that card's current art as it was felt to better depict the classic Voidwalker image.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Velnoth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12424 (2014-07-22): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Best of Deathwing, Dragonlord! - Funny Plays Lucky Moments - Top Deck. (2016-04-30). - NB: This reference is for Deathwing, Dragonlord, but the mechanic is the same.