|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
Deathrattle: Summon seven 1/1 Grubs.
It's wurms all the way down.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Violet Wurm can be obtained through Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Violet Wurm can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Violet Wurm||400||50|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Violet Wurm is a very strong card in Arena, which is even more relevant because of its common rarity. In constructed it's outclassed by Onyxia, although it could fit in a deck with N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Violet Wurm's effect is based on the Magic: the Gathering card Symbiotic Wurm. Mike Donais helped design both Violet Wurm and the Magic expansion that Symbiotic Wurm originally appeared in.
- The Violet Wurm is likely also a reference to the purple worm, a giant monstrous worm from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Violet Wurm's flavor text is a reference to the expression "it's turtles all the way down".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2017-12-06). Retrieved on 2018-11-18.