|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Summon|
|Tags:||Death-related, Deathrattle-granting, Dragon-generating, Random|
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Whelps. Each gains a Deathrattle from your minions that died this game.
Don’t let that dark magic worry you. He’ll ensure they hatch without a scratch.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Note[edit | edit source]
- Vectus' Battlecry will only copy Deathrattles from minions that naturally had Deathrattles. Granted Deathrattles from cards such as Explorer's Hat and Val'anyr will not be copied.
- Vectus can copy the Deathrattles from minions that were Silenced, but not Transformed.
- Each hatchling copies the deathrattle of a different minion. If you've only had one Deathrattle minion who's died, one of the two hatchlings will have no Deathrattle. However, if two copies of a Deathrattle minion have died (or if a reborn minion like Khartut Defender has died twice), both hatchlings can end up with the same Deathrattle.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Vectus is a great minion for decks heavy in strong Deathrattles - good examples are minions like Teacher's Pet, Enhanced Dreadlord, or Plagued Protodrake. A notable use for Vectus is to copy the Deathrattles of legendaries with Prime forms in order to get another copy of the Prime shuffled into your deck. Vectus works best in a deck with only a few strong Deathrattles, to remove the risk of copying weaker effects.
Each Hatchling will get a random Deathrattle from a random card. The same effect can only be carried if it was played a second time. So it is advised that Vectus should be played on a specific turn when you can take full advantage of each Deathrattle and when your wanted effects were already played.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Fly! Make chew toys of them!
- Begin the torture!
Lore[edit | edit source]
This card art depicts a Hearthstone's unique human version of Vectus.
- Vectus is a level 42 elite skeletal mage mini-boss and one of the main necromancy teachers of Scholomance, the School of Necromancy. Vectus developed the plagued dragonflight found inside Scholomance, which he got by paying Tinkee Steamboil in the Burning Steppes money for eggs out of Blackrock Spire.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11613 (2020-07-30): Added.