|Tags:||Combat-related, Triggered effect|
Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, destroy it.
Rumor has it that Deathwing brought about the Cataclysm after losing a game to this card. We may never know the truth.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Vaporize can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Vaporize can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vaporize takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- Vaporize will not trigger if the attacker is neutralized by another effect before it can activate. This occurs when it has left play (such as by a return to hand effect) or is mortally wounded (0 or less Health).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It is generally a good idea to play this card when your opponent has a massive monster bearing down on you (such as Deathwing). A good counter strategy is to send in a weak minion in first to burn the trap before you attack with your massive monster.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- If a player puts Vaporize and Freezing Trap into play in that order, when an enemy minion attacks the hero, Vaporize would trigger first and mark the minion with pending destroy, then Freezing Trap would trigger and return the "dying" minion to hand. If this minion is then played, it will immediately die.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Surprisingly, this is not a mage ability in World of Warcraft. The only character with an ability of this name in WoW is a Bound Zephyr in the Bastion of Twilight, where it deals a respectable amount of damage and causing the afflicted player's armor to not protect them for ten seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Living Pyre.
- This card's art depicts a mace-wielding draenei mage summoning fire against a tauren. This is odd as mages do not traditionally wield maces, and are in fact unable to equip them in World of Warcraft, the game upon which the art was originally based.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Now activates when a minion attacks your hero, rather than when your opponent plays a minion.
- Hearthstone Laboratory (2015-12-26; tested in Patch 184.108.40.20656 (2015-12-04)). [Hearthstone Laboratory] Vaporize vs Freezing Trap, Vaporize vs Explosive Trap (both orders).
- Patashu (2015-8-24). Playing Vaporize then Freezing Trap puts a destroyed minion in your hand.
- Hearthstone Laboratory (2016-5-7; tested in Patch 220.127.116.1174 (WotOG patch)). [Hearthstone Laboratory] Vaporize vs. Freezing Trap (Patch 5.0).