Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells
- "Valeera has stolen spells from every class and filled your deck with them! Each of those spells will summon a random minion of the same cost when played."
History[edit | edit source]
|76||November 23, 2016||November 28, 2016|
|96||April 12, 2017||April 17, 2017|
|131||December 13, 2017||December 18, 2017|
|164||August 1, 2018||August 6, 2018|
|220||August 28, 2019||September 4, 2019|
Additionally, Valeera's Bag of Burgled Spells was one of nine Tavern Brawls featured as part of the 100th Brawl, A Cavalcade of Brawls!, when its mechanics were used by, of course, the rogue class. Also it a part of the 207th Brawl, The 207th Brawl Spetacular!.
Overview[edit | edit source]
This Brawl sees all players doing battle as the rogue hero Valeera, with randomized decks consisting entirely of spells from any class. Whenever a spell is cast, a random minion of the same mana cost is summoned for the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The minions summoned by the brawl may belong to any class, regardless of the class of the spell cast.
- The brawl summons each minion before the spell takes effect. Because of this:
- Example: Twisting Nether will cause the brawl to summon an 8 mana minion, then the spell will destroy it.
- The decks consist of only spells between 1 to 8 mana.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A highly random Brawl without the option to choose either the player's deck or class, success depends upon making the most of the options presented to you, and being able to respond to the unpredictable results of the random summoning that follows each spell.
The doubled value of each card played means this Brawl tends to ramp up pretty quickly, although the limited mana cost means it is mostly with a swarm of lower cost minions rather than larger threats. As a result AoE removal can be very powerful, and should be used wisely. Removal aside, the large number of minions means the player who is able to take control of the board early on often wins the match. Mulliganing for low-cost cards is strongly advised.