"Upgradable" is an unofficial term used to refer to cards that transform themselves into a more powerful version when a specific action is performed while the card is in a player's hand.
Upgradable cards first appeared as a brand new feature in the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any progress towards upgrades will be carried over into the card. For example, when you play an elemental with a fresh Lesser Ruby Spellstone, you will need to play one more elemental to upgrade it, and the card text will reflect it.
- The cards will upgrade whenever an instance triggers an upgrade. For example, a Lesser Amethyst Spellstone will upgrade each time Spreading Madness hits your hero.
- The cards cannot skip an upgrade level. For example, you cannot upgrade a Lesser Jasper Spellstone into a Greater Jasper Spellstone by gaining 6 Armor at once.
- Cost reduction effects that have been applied to the card (Ex. Primordial Glyph, Emperor Thaurissan) will not carry over when upgraded.
- If the card meets its upgrade requirement as it is added to your hand, it will be upgraded. (i.e. Ultimate Infestation will upgrade Lesser Jasper Spellstone as it is drawn, and Chittering Tunneler will upgrade Lesser Amethyst Spellstone when it is discovered.)
Cards[edit | edit source]
Collectible[edit | edit source]
These cards are the Tier 1 upgradable cards.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Lesser Amethyst Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Warlock||4|
Lifesteal. Deal 3 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.) A purple stone Azari carved
For dark hearts, craving, power-starved.
The first to bow, the warlock Rin,
Embraced the darkness, slew her kin.
|Lesser Diamond Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Priest||7|
Resurrect 2 different friendly minions. (Cast 4 spells to upgrade.) A diamond, white, this stone the eighth
A precious jewel for those of faith
A whispered prayer restores the lost
But none among them know the cost.
|Lesser Emerald Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Hunter||5|
Summon two 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.) An emerald stone for Tauren hands
Who sought its strength to save their lands
Their tribes now lost, their rage released
Who's hunting now? And who's the beast?
|Lesser Jasper Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Druid||1|
Deal 2 damage to a minion. (Gain 3 Armor to upgrade.) In ancient woods, elves fought the curse
The demon's shadow to disperse
But hatred raged and frail souls turned
Now horned and hooved their forests burned.
|Lesser Mithril Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Warrior||7|
Summon one 5/5 Mithril Golem. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.) To dwarves of stone the demon called
With promises of might, enthralled
In grasping greed they found their doom
Forever bound in mithril tombs.
|Lesser Onyx Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Rogue||5|
Destroy 1 random enemy minion. (Play 3 Deathrattle cards to upgrade.) The trolls of old embraced the gift
A jewel of black for daggers swift
No party lasts who finds the stone
Those wielding it soon stand alone.
|Lesser Pearl Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Paladin||2|
Summon a 2/2 Spirit with Taunt. (Restore 3 Health to upgrade.) In ages old, when Ancients broke
Azari of the Legion spoke
To tempt the mortals: gems of power
The weak succumbed, their souls devoured.
|Lesser Ruby Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Mage||2|
Add a random Mage spell to your hand. (Play two Elementals to upgrade.) The final stone undid its master
Spun into wards by nameless caster
Azari wailed a savage roar
Now sealed in nether, evermore.
|Lesser Sapphire Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Shaman||7|
Summon 1 copy of a friendly minion. (Overload 3 Mana Crystals to upgrade.) A stone of blue, embraced with glee
By murloc lords beneath the sea
Soon numberless they swarmed the shore
First two, then four, then more...and more...
|Showing all 9 cards|
Uncollectible[edit | edit source]
These cards are coincidentally the Tier 2 upgradable cards.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Class||Cost||Description|
Lifesteal. Deal 5 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)
Resurrect 3 different friendly minions. (Cast 4 spells to upgrade.)
Summon three 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.)
Deal 4 damage to a minion. (Gain 3 Armor to upgrade.)
Summon two 5/5 Mithril Golems. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.)
Destroy up to 2 random enemy minions. (Play 3 Deathrattle cards to upgrade.)
Summon a 4/4 Spirit with Taunt. (Restore 3 Health to upgrade.)
Add 2 random Mage spells to your hand. (Play two Elementals to upgrade.)
Summon 2 copies of a friendly minion. (Overload 3 Mana Crystals to upgrade.)
|Showing all 9 cards|
Fully upgraded[edit | edit source]
These cards are the Tier 3 fully upgraded cards.
|By minion type|
|By effect type|
|By card set|