|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Random, Targeted|
Transform a friendly minion into one that costs (1) more. Repeatable this turn.
They grow up so fast.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Unstable Evolution||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once used, a copy of Unstable Evolution gets added to your hand. This copy disappears from your hand at the end of your turn.
- While this mechanic is nearly identical to Echo, there are a few minor differences:
- The new evolved minion will be exhausted by summoning sickness and unable to attack this turn, unless it transforms into a minion with Rush or Charge.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Compared to Evolve, this card is better suited to evolve one or few minions into a much higher costing minion rather than many at once. Since this spell is repeatable, you have better control over the outcome since you can "reroll" an evolution if the outcome is bad or unfavorable.
If you are lucky enough to gain a Sorcerer's Apprentice or Radiant Elemental, you can evolve your other minions an almost unlimited amount of times (as you can't evolve them into anything higher than a 12-cost), and if you get an Archmage Antonidas you can gain a lot of Fireballs.
This card has notable synergy with Krag'wa, the Frog, which returns all copies of Unstable Evolution played as fresh copies, giving you many more uses out of Unstable Evolution over several turns.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Donais. (2018-3/12).