|Set:||The League of Explorers|
Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of its Deathrattle.
Still hunting for the ones who earthed him.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Unearthed Raptor||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Unearthed Raptor's Battlecry can copy a maximum of 16 Deathrattles.
- If you use Unearthed Raptor to copy a zone-changing Deathrattle such as Malorne, The Skeleton Knight or Anub'arak, the Deathrattle will move the Unearthed Raptor to the destination zone, rather than creating a Malorne/The Skeleton Knight/Anub'arak. Similarly, Ancestral Spirit will summon an Unearthed Raptor copy, not the minion Ancestral Spirit was originally attached to.
- An Unearthed Raptor that dies after copying a Deathrattle is not considered a Deathrattle minion for the purposes of N'Zoth, the Corruptor's Battlecry.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- If you played an Unearthed Raptor, returned it to the hand via any means and played it again targeting a different Deathrattle minion, it would only have the second Deathrattle. But if you then played a second Raptor targeting the first Raptor, the second Raptor would have both Deathrattles. This process could be repeated to put any combination of Deathrattles on a Raptor. This bug was fixed in Patch 188.8.131.5251 (2016-03-14).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Skeletal raptors are undead raptors mainly found at Whelgar's Excavation Site in the Wetlands and the Za'Tual boneyard on the Isle of Thunder. The Unearthed Raptor bears a particular resemblance to the Fossilized Raptor, a skeletal raptor mount obtainable as a rare artifact from the Archaeology profession.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A removed enchantment may give a glimpse into the development of this minion. Named "Tomb Explorer", the enchantment's text is identical to that for this card, and is classed as belonging to the rogue class. A stealthy Tomb Explorer may therefore have been an earlier concept for this card. It may have split into Unearthed Raptor and Tomb Pillager, or been rejected due to being too similar to the latter.
- Following its initial release, Unearthed Raptor began to cause various problems, often resulting in both players' clients crashing. The bug was quickly hotfixed, including the introduction of a cap to the number of Deathrattles the Raptor could copy.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04) Text changed from "Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of its Deathrattle effect." to "Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of its Deathrattle."
- Hotfix (2015-11-20): Resolved an issue that would occur when Unearthed Raptor’s Battlecry effect was used to duplicate several copies of a Deathrattle. The total number of Deathrattle effects that can be copied on a single minion is now capped [to 16].
- Patch 220.127.116.1133 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2015-11-20).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPdVDa13ls Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16856 (2015-12-04)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7yFjI6ftzA&t=1m35s Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12456 (2015-12-04)
- Daxxari (2015-11-20). Official forums: Unearthed Raptor Issue Update.