Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
Evolved the really long neck to spy on its neighbors.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is similar to Faceless Behemoth, albeit with better stats. Much like Faceless, it has no immediate impact on the board outside of raw stats, making it very weak to removal. If you do manage to avoid removal, this card is very strong, being able to kill nearly any minion and surviving, though it may not be worth the massive mana cost. However if you combine it with cards such as Faceless Shambler, Sunfury Protector or Defender of Argus it can be an absolute nightmare for opponents. This card can also be brought to your hand by Ancient Harbinger.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ultrasaur has the third highest health of any collectible minion, and the highest health of any minion that can be directly played, tied with Mosh'ogg Enforcer. The only minions with more are Lord Jaraxxus, who isn't actually on the board under normal circumstances, and The Darkness, who begins dormant.
- Meteor, released in the same set as Ultrasaur, is the only direct damage card strong enough to kill this minion at full Health.
- This minion may be based on the real Ultrasaurus which lived in Asia in the early Cretaceous period.
- There is a dream scenario involving Ultrasaur and Spikeridged Steed which can turn Ultrasaur into an issue for any opponent, however just like the dream scenario involving Big-Time Racketeer and Brann Bronzebeard, this combo almost never happens.
- Ultrasaur's flavor text may be a reference to a Harry Potter character Petunia Dursley, Harry Potter's aunt, who's stated several times to have an unusually long neck that she uses to spy on her neighbours.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Added.