We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Gain +1 Health for each card in your hand.
Twilight drakes feed on Mystical Energy. And Tacos.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Twilight Drake can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Twilight Drake can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Twilight Drake||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Twilight Drake's Battlecry activates after the minion is played; the number of cards in the player's hand is therefore counted after the Twilight Drake card itself has been played.
- Silencing the Twilight Drake removes its card text, reducing its Health to its base value of 1.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Drake is best played with as many cards in hand as possible. Its possible starting Health values range from 1 to 10 (11 if you manage to draw a card before the actual minion is played).
Twilight Drake naturally gravitates towards control decks with strong card draw capabilities and/or few low-cost cards. It is currently most commonly seen in Handlock decks, warlock control decks which use Life Tap to rapidly accumulate a large hand, perfect for playing a near full-potential Drake early in the game.
Ideally, the Drake is played from a full hand before playing any other cards. Control decks may aim to focus on building their hand during early rounds in order to maximize the effectiveness of their Drakes.
A Twilight Drake of any Health can be instantly killed with Earth Shock.
Consider running one of these cards if facing a lot of Priests as they lack efficient counters to a 4 attack Dragon minion. This can also be considered with Azure Drake.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Twilight Drakes are any one of a small number of dragons which comprise the Twilight Dragonflight, first seen in the World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King.
- The twilight dragonflight is a dragonflight created by the results of magical experiments carried out by Sintharia upon dragon eggs. Using ancient dragon artifacts and the powers of the nether dragons, Sintharia has created a new breed of dragons that feed vampirically on all forms of mystical energy. The first encounter of these dragons with the outside world was by Krasus, Kalec, and the draenei priestess Iridi. Iridi thought of their appearance not as shadow, but more akin to the day turning to night, like twilight as experienced on Azeroth. She thus dubbed them twilight dragons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- World of Warcraft players can ride a twilight drake by obtaining the much sought after Reins of the Twilight Drake.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Twilight Shadowdrake.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Now has 4 Attack, up from 1, but no longer gains Attack from its battlecry. Battlecry: Gain +1 Health for each card in your hand. [4 mana, 4 attack, 1 health, Rare]
- Previously: Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card in your hand. [4 mana, 1 attack, 1 health, Rare]