|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
Choose a friendly minion. Your opponent gains control of it.
Never look a gift minion in the mouth.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Treachery can be obtained through Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Treachery can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- When you use Treachery to give your opponent an Alarm-o-Bot, its effect will not activate at the start of your opponent's next turn, but rather one turn later.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The main purpose of this card is to give a minion with a negative Deathrattle, end-of-turn, or triggered effect to the opponent and force them to suffer its effect instead. Some of the cards that make good use of Treachery include:
- Doomsayer: Clears the board for 5 Mana. While it won't give you a tempo shift like Doomsayer normally would, it counters Deathrattles that only activate on the opponent's turn, like Skelemancer.
- Ticking Abomination: Heavily damages the enemy board. This effect lacks a true one-turn combo (barring an inefficient Bloodbloom + Blastcrystal Potion combo), so it will require a board setup.
- Keening Banshee: Could be used to force the enemy to lose cards from their deck, or make unfavorable trades.
- Howlfiend: Makes the opponent discard their hand. Can be combined with Defile or Spreading Madness to empty out the opponent's hand.
- Bittertide Hydra: Similar concept as above, but with damage instead. This combo costs 2 more mana, so you will need to set up your board first to exploit it.
- Unlicensed Apothecary: Can be used with Leeroy Jenkins to deal 10 extra damage, although this combo can't be played in a single turn. More effective in Wild with Emperor Thaurissan, Brann Bronzebeard, and Hungry Dragon.
- Rattling Rascal: Trades a 2/2 for a 5/5, giving you two 5/5s at the cost of giving the opponent a 2/2.
- Fel Reaver: With a large number of low-cost cards, this combo can be used to mill most or all of the opponent's deck.
- Master Chest: You get the reward from its deathrattle instead of your opponent.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Hunrik Blackiron.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1157 (2017-08-08): Added.