Trade Prince Gallywix
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Tags:||Spell-generating, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever your opponent casts a spell, gain a copy of it and give them a Coin.
Gallywix believes in supply and demand. He supplies the beatings and demands you pay up!
- For the boss of the same name, see Trade Prince Gallywix (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Trade Prince Gallywix||1600||400|
|Golden Trade Prince Gallywix||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gallywix's Coin generated by Trade Prince Gallywix will not trigger his effect, allowing it to be cast without being copied. This prevents Trade Prince Gallywix from allowing infinite mana to the opponent.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is very strong against mage or spell heavy decks, as it will discourage the removal of him through anything but direct minion damage. A very strong tempo card if you can get it out onto an empty board.
Prince Gallywix's ability can backfire if the other player has Questing Adventurer, a minion that gains +1/+1 with each card played by its owner. The opposing player can play a spell (which gives the Adventurer +1/+1), gain a Gallywix's Coin and play that (which gives the Adventurer a second +1/+1 buff), then use the extra Mana to play more cards (and buff the Adventurer some more).
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Hey pal, Trade Prince Gallywix here.
- Effect triggering
- Where's my cut?
- I'm gonna downsize you!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal, slap a toll booth on it, and charge refugees the last of their pocket change, the rings off their fingers, a bite of their sandwiches, and a contractual obligation to build me a rocket palace in the skies of Nagrand. It’s the goblin way! Supply and demand! Deal with it!"
- Jastor Gallywix is the much-maligned Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, one of the most powerful goblin trade guilds on Kezan. Despite betraying his own people in a petty act of vengeance, he retains his position as Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel in its service to the Horde.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original design for this card was along the lines of "Swap your hero's Health with your opponent's hero's Health." According to Balance Designer Dean Ayala, it "took about one game til we were like damn..... nope." Another design saw Gallywix's Battlecry swap the player's hand with the opponent's.
- Along with Iron Juggernaut, Flame Leviathan, and Vol'jin, this card was leaked long before it was supposed to be revealed. Due to their very unique effects, many players believed the leaked cards to be a hoax.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Added.