Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Draw one and discard the others.
For the person who just cannot decide what card to put in their deck!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Tracking are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the hunter class.
Core set[edit | edit source]
Tracking will be a part of the upcoming Core set with the following appearance:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Playing Tracking presents the player with a selection of three cards from their deck. The cards obscure the play area, but can be hidden if desired. The opponent can see that the player is selecting a card, but cannot see the cards themselves.
- Once a card is chosen, that card is drawn, and the other cards are removed. However, despite Tracking's wording, the cards are not discarded, but left in the Setaside Zone. As a result, the cards 'discarded' by Tracking are not shown to the opponent, and do not activate related effects like Tiny Knight of Evil. (It is unclear if this non-interaction with cards like Tiny Knight of Evil is a bug or intended.)
- If your turn timer expires while picking one of the three cards, the game client picks the first card (the leftmost card) for you.
- Cards removed from the game by Tracking cannot be recovered through effects such as Resurrect, since they are not considered to have been destroyed.
- The card chosen by Tracking is not placed in your hand until the end of the current Sequence, meaning that it is possible for your hand to become full in the mean time, discarding the card you chose. For example, if you have a 10/10 card hand, play Tracking and have a Wild Pyromancer and Acolyte of Pain in play, the card chosen will float in the air, Acolyte of Pain triggering off of Wild Pyromancer's damage will fill your hand, and finally the card chosen will be discarded. (TODO: Needs to be retested in Patch 8.0)
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Tracking used to not trigger on-draw triggers, because the selected card moved from Setaside to your hand.
- Augmented Elekk used to be able to shuffle a copy of the card chosen from Tracking back into the deck. This means the chosen card from Tracking was shuffled back into the deck, before it was subsequently drawn. This interaction has been fixed with Patch 22.214.171.124855.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Tracking is unique in that it combines a card draw effect and a unique type of discard effect, essentially taking three cards from the player's deck and using them to produce a Discover effect. Despite doing "nothing but replacing itself", it grants a tactical advantage by allowing the player to choose from three possibilities, increasing the player's ability to get cards useful for the game situation.
Note that the unchosen cards will be removed from play. This can be advantageous, allowing the hunter to increase the rate of drawing useful cards by removing less useful ones from the deck. It could also be a serious drawback if two or more important cards are randomly selected, forcing the player to discard at least one.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Track Humanoids.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Forged in the Barrens patch (Not yet implemented, planned April, 2021): Moved from the Basic set into the Legacy set. Rarity changed from Free to Rare. Now reads: Discover a card from your deck. Unpicked cards are no longer discarded.
- Previously: Look at the top 3 cards of your deck. Draw one and discard the others.
- Patch 126.96.36.19966 (2015-06-15): Now has a new UI. You may temporarily hide the 3 tracked cards to see the board, and the opponent can see Tracking in progress.
- Alpha version: Wilderness Support: Track: 2 allies. (Put 2 allies from the top 4 cards of your deck into your hand.) [1 mana]
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested on 9-8-2015 by jerodast: Used Mind Vision to obtain Tracking twice, then used it to discard 4 minions. (In addition, several minions were overdrawn.) Played Resurrect twice; no minions were summoned.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BfpGdT_r4 Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5256 (2015-12-04)
- HysteriA (December 9, 2018). Hearthstone Mythbusters 71. Retrieved on 2018-12-21.
- File:Development - Forge.jpg