Top 2 - Standard
- "The Innkeeper is wondering which two standard cards work best together. Show him - choose 2 cards and we'll fill your deck with them!"
Top 2 - Standard is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on May 16, 2018.
This brawl is the standard version of Top 2.
History[edit | edit source]
|153||May 16, 2018||May 14, 2018|
Overview[edit | edit source]
This Tavern Brawl sees players doing battle with custom decks composed solely of copies of two standard cards chosen by the player. Each deck includes precisely 15 copies of each chosen card.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A huge variety of combinations are possible in this Brawl, some competitive, some just for fun. Some 'decks' provide reliable but perhaps boring face damage, while other aim for unlikely but potentially spectacular payoffs. A number of decks are listed below, included some strong competitive choices and some fun alternatives.
- Black Cat + Arcane Missiles: The Black Cat always activate since all cards are odd drawing you a card and combined with other Black Cats, your Arcane Missiles become powerful.
- Call to Arms + Knife Juggler: Recruting 3 Knife Jugglers every turn and dealing lots of random damage divided through enemy minions and player.
- Fatigue/Mill: These decks mill the opponent, with the goal of destroying them through fatigue damage. The best card picks are some combination of forcing card draw and sustain, ensuring the hero's own survival until the opponent can be milled. Naturalize is commonly used but mostly helps enemy low-cost minion decks. Best are Naturalize + Forest Guide, Naturalize + Loot Hoarder.
- Novice Engineer + Mind Blast. This could also work with other cards. Cheap direct damage can be played quickly, while the cheap card draw allows for an endless supply.
- Upgrade! + Shield Block. Upgrade repeatedly, and Shield Block to stay alive while drawing more Upgrades. Not too effective against strategies incorporating Freezes or Taunts, but potentially fun.
- Twig of the World Tree + Starfire: Equip a Twig of the World Tree, then equip another to destroy it for 10 Mana, then play Starfire. Rinse and repeat.
- Murloc Tidecaller + Grimscale Oracle: Play the Tidecaller first before the Oracles. This allows for tremendous Attack gain and usually you will end up with Murlocs that deal 8 damage when hitting. Hunter is recommended for extra face damage when your hand runs out.
- Crystalline Oracle + Chameleos: You will fight your opponent with his own weapons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The blood elf in this Brawl's art is holding Acidic Swamp Ooze and Hellfire, a combination which is unlikely to prove effective, especially given that Hellfire will destroy the player's own Acidic Swamp Oozes.