|Tags:||Area of Effect, Beast-related, Ongoing effect|
Your other Beasts have +1 Attack.
Other beasts totally dig hanging out with timber wolves.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Timber Wolf are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the hunter class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Timber Wolf lacks presence by itself, but can be a powerful force when used in conjunction with other Beasts. It is most commonly played alongside Unleash the Hounds, granting all Hounds the extra punch they may need to kill enemy minions or simply deal more damage to the opponent.
Timber Wolf is also useful as a cheap Beast, working well with Starving Buzzard.
Timber Wolf's low Health makes it a risky play unless the player can make immediate use of its effects. It is generally held in hand until other Beasts are ready to attack, at which point it is played to buff their Attack. This prevents it from being immediately removed, and means that even if the player removes it next turn, it will still have been of use. Timber Wolf is especially vulnerable against mages, and to a lesser extent rogues, demon hunters and druids, due to their hero powers.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Common throughout Azeroth, timber wolves are pack hunters excelling in the persistent chase of their prey. While many humans fear timber wolves as servants of darkness and associate them with orcs, night elves embrace the rightful place timber wolves have in the natural order. Timber wolves move and hunt primarily at night.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Fang.
- Timber Wolf was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.