- "This poor town has seen its share of trials. Now we face a new force, sinous and vile.
- Is something wicked twisting trees and turning them to ill. Some diabolic expertise, strives to break our will.
- Do my eyes play tricks on me? Will monsters seal our doom? What were those things? What did I see?
- Hiding in this gloom! We've turned around and taunted but moonlight is our friend.
- The way ahead is haunted, our hackles stand on end!
- We'll make our stand right here, our choice is crystal clear: we're the beasts the monsters fear!"
The expansion introduces three new keywords: Start of Game, Echo, which allows a card to be played multiple times on the same turn, and Rush, which acts like Charge but doesn't allow the minion to attack the enemy hero. It also adds a new game mode called Monster Hunt, a single-player mode akin to Dungeon Run with four exclusive playable classes.
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Monster Hunt
- 4 Themes
- 5 Battlefield
- 6 Card backs
- 7 Trailer
- 8 Lore
- 9 References
- 10 External links
How to get[edit | edit source]
The Witchwood cards are available through the following options:
- The Witchwood card packs can be purchased through the Shop, with the usual prices and purchasing options.
- The Witchwood cards can be crafted for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust.
- For as long as The Witchwood is the latest expansion, the guaranteed card pack from each Arena run will be from the expansion. Once the next expansion comes out, second card packs will have a chance to be The Witchwood packs.
- The Highest Rank Bonus chest has a chance to award golden The Witchwood cards.
- Prior to the expansion's release, players are able to pre-order a bundle of 70 The Witchwood packs for $49.99 USD/€49,99 EUR/£44.99 GBP/$64.99 AUD or equivalent.
- The pre-order bundle comes with a unique card back (see below) and 20 additional The Witchwood packs.
Cards[edit | edit source]
The set contains 135 collectible cards in total.
Each class receives two Legendary cards.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Common (1 card)
- Rare (1 card)
- Epic (0 cards)
- Legendary (3 cards)
Class cards[edit | edit source]
Druid[edit | edit source]
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Mage[edit | edit source]
Paladin[edit | edit source]
Priest[edit | edit source]
Rogue[edit | edit source]
Shaman[edit | edit source]
Warlock[edit | edit source]
Warrior[edit | edit source]
Monster Hunt[edit | edit source]
Themes[edit | edit source]
Echo[edit | edit source]
Cards with Echo can be played multiple times on the same turn.
Rush[edit | edit source]
Only odd or even cost cards in your deck[edit | edit source]
Some cards activate a powerful effect as long as your deck contains only odd-costing cards or only even-costing cards.
Worgen[edit | edit source]
When Gilneas was hit with the curse of worgen, many of the humans were transformed into beasts, but have since then gained the ability to switch between forms. Some cards transform with each turn while in your hand to represent this ability.
Battlefield[edit | edit source]
The expansion came with a new battlefield. A partial shot of the new board is shown below.
Card backs[edit | edit source]
A special card back was available as part of the expansion's pre-order bundle. The card back for Ranked play Season 48 is related, due to the end of the Year of the Mammoth that was on the same day of the expansion's release
Trailer[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Witchwood was once known as The Blackwald, a forest in southern Gilneas. The Blackwald was the home of the Druids of the Scythe, who eventually became the first worgen. But in more recent times, the witch Hagatha took residence in these woods and twisted it to create her domain, stirring up whatever wildlife and spirits lurked in these woods. Since then, the Gilneans have called the Blackwald by a new name - The Witchwood.
- The Blackwald is a forest in southern Gilneas, located south of Greymane City and north of the village of Stormglen. The Blackwald was the home of the Druids of the Scythe, who eventually became the first worgen. Tal'doren - a tree identical to the one where the original worgen were imprisoned in the Emerald Dream - is in the forest's center. The Blackwald is full of Howling Banshees, Sylvanas' scouts looking for Tal'doren.
- Official Site
Hush, brave heroes, and take heed; you tread on dangerous ground. See how the light dims all around, and moving shadows creep? The Witchwood calls, but I implore: do not its treasures seek! Stay where it’s safe, pull up a chair, let’s play another round! I see, your minds are quite made up; please hear me importune: Keep your decks close, and your wits sharp...
'lest the Witchwood be your doom!
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]