The Thunder King
Background[edit | edit source]
- "I am Lei Shen, slayer of kings and gods. You have made a grave mistake."
- Emperor Lei Shen (pronounced LAY-shen), also known as the Thunder King, was the first emperor of the mogu and the most powerful warlord in mogu history. After stealing the power of storms from the titan keeper Ra, Lei Shen united the mogu clans into the first great mogu empire. Able to defeat even an August Celestial in combat, none were able to stop his goals of unifying Pandaria. During his rule, Lei Shen made several significant changes and contributions to Pandaria. The construction of the Serpent's Spine, the great barrier separating the dreaded mantid from the rest of the Empire, is often cited as his greatest achievement.
- Recently, the Thunder King was resurrected by the mogu's Zandalari allies and attempted to unify the mogu once again, serving as the main antagonist in patch 5.2. However, the combined Shado-Pan, Alliance, and Horde assault on the Isle of Thunder put an end to Lei Shen's rule once and for all.
How to get[edit | edit source]
The Thunder King is unavailable to new players. It's unknown if he will become available again.
Previous Availability[edit | edit source]
The Thunder King was available for purchase in the limited-time Master's Bundle.
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Once unlocked and selected for use, The Thunder King is used as the hero whenever playing with a shaman deck. The Thunder King comes with his own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using his Hero Power, Totemic Call.
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
Flavor text[edit | edit source]
When viewed in the Collection, The Thunder King has the following flavor text:
- The Thunder King uses the power of storms to terrify his enemies... and their house pets.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||You serve well.|
|Well played||Your thirst for victory is formidable.|
|Greetings||Gaze upon my might.|
|Mirror Greetings||I have seen it before.|
|Wow||You surprise me. How unusual.|
|Oops||A wandering mind, perhaps?|
|Threaten||Kneel before me!|
|Sorry||I have made a misjudgment.|
|Attack||You have made a grave mistake.|
|Concede||Victory is yours. This time.|
|Opening remark||I am the slayer of kings and gods!|
|Mirror start||Then you are worthy of my attention.|
|Thinking ||I must ponder...|
|Running out of time||Act swiftly!|
|Almost out of cards||I am low on cards.|
|Out of cards||I have no cards.|
|Error: Too many minions||I cannot recruit more.|
|Error: Generic||That is impossible.|
|Error: Hand already full||I already bear too many cards.|
|Error: Hero already attacked||Thunder peals but once.|
|Error: Minion not ready||It cannot do battle yet.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I desire more mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||Give me a weapon!|
|Error: Can't play that card||I cannot play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||That one hides... for now.|
|Error: Not a valid target||I need a target!|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||Someone taunts the Thunder King!|
|Selection in Arena||My power cannot be contained!|
|Winter Veil Greetings||Relish this holiday and uphold tradition.|
|Happy New Year||Happy New Year!|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||Honor the fire and the lightning it brings forth!|
|New Lunar Year Greetings||Happy New Year!|
|Noblegarden Greetings||Do not let the beauty of spring soften your will to conquer.|
|Pirate Day Greetings||Pirates may plunder so long as spoils go to the king.|
|Hallow's End Greetings||Distract yourself with candy and costumes. I will plot.|
|When playing Lightning Storm||Lightning!|
|When playing Stormcrack||Thunder!|
|When playing The Storm Bringer||My might takes form!|
Card back[edit | edit source]
Purchasing The Thunder King unlocks the following card back.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124268 (2019-06-03): (2019/06/03): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2019-06-03). Support Hearthstone Masters with the Masters Bundle, Available Now!. Retrieved on 2019-06-04.
|1,000 win heroes|
|Reward and special event heroes|
|Limited offers heroes|