The Rat King (Battlegrounds)
- For the boss of the same name, see The Rat King.
The Rat King is a hero that the player can pick in the Battlegrounds game mode.
For more information, see Battlegrounds.
Hero Powers[edit | edit source]
The Rat King's Hero Power changes into one of the following at the start of the player's turn.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Tale of Kings is not available in gameplay; it is only used to represent the Hero Power when viewing the hero.
- The Rat King's Hero Power will not change into the same Hero Power twice in a row, but it is otherwise chosen at random. It will also not swap to minion types not available in the current match.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Rat King has a strong early game Hero Power, providing free bonus stats to increase the odds of winning early battles. As long as a minion with decent stats shows up at the right time, his Hero Power is well worth taking advantage of.
While in theory a Menagerie build would be optimal for the Rat King, his Hero Power won't have as much impact in the late game, nor will new minions stick around long enough to matter, so it's better to transition from whatever you have in the early game rather than to force a Menagerie build.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124352 (2020-09-29):
- (Undocumented) Added King of Elementals to list of possible Hero Powers.
- Patch 126.96.36.199534 (2020-06-09):
- Patch 188.8.131.52246 (2020-03-17): All Hero Powers changed to "Whenever you Hire a (Minion tribe) give it +1/+2. Swaps type each turn." (from +1/+1)
- Patch 184.108.40.206174 (2020-02-26): (Undocumented) Added King of Dragons to list of possible Hero Powers.
- Patch 220.127.116.11060 (2019-12-05): All Hero Powers changed to "Whenever you Hire a (Minion tribe) give it +1/+1. Swaps type each turn." (from +1/+2)
- Patch 18.104.22.168747 (2019-11-05): Added.