The League of Explorers: Revived!
- "The League has scattered across the globe. Join Elise in a dungeon crawl to find and reunite the League!
The League of Explorers: Revived! is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on September 4, 2019.
History[edit | edit source]
|221||September 4, 2019||September 11, 2019|
Overview[edit | edit source]
This single-player Brawl sees players reunite the scattered Explorer's League as Elise the Enlightened.
It is similar to the Dungeon Run mode.
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Rules[edit | edit source]
- The objective of The League of Explorers: Revived! is to defeat five bosses of increasing difficulty to win the run.
- The player begins with a collection of ten cards, consisting of various Druid and Priest cards.
- After rounds 1 and 4, the player receives a Treasure or Passive, selected from a small pool of various Dungeon Run, Monster Hunt, and Dalaran Heist cards.
- After each round, the player is offered three bundles of three cards each. The player can only select one of these three bundles. This allows the player to increase their deck size in tandem with the boss' decks increasing in size.
- Card bundles will never offer duplicate cards.
- After beating rounds 2, 3, and 4, Sir Finley of the Sands, Dinotamer Brann, and Reno the Relicologist respectively are added to the players' deck.
- Should a game end in a tie, the player will be given the chance to try the round again.
- The player always goes first. The enemy also does not get The Coin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any boss defeat will give the player win credit, so for the purpose of the weekly pack reward, winning round 1 is sufficient. Defeating Tekahn in total counts as 5 wins (1 for each round).
Starting Cards[edit | edit source]
|Druid of the Scythe||1|
|Blessing of the Ancients||1|
|Greater Healing Potion||1|
Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Boss||Encountered in Round||Hero Power||Notes|
|Terraviss||1||Well Equipped: "Equip a random weapon, if you already have one give it +1 Attack." (2 Mana, autocast)|
|Buried Finley||2||Shifting Sands: "Deal 1 damage to all minions. Summon a Pile of Sand." (0 Mana, autocast)|
|Brann Bronzebeard||3||Dino Buddies: "Summon a random dinosaur." (2 Mana, autocast)||This is a cooperative fight against King Krush, Untamed. If Brann or the player dies, it is a defeat.|
|Reno Jackson||4||Gatling Wand: "Randomly deal 3 damage (Increases each turn!)." (1 Mana, autocast)||Reno will not directly attack the player, only deal random damage with his hero power, Arcane Missiles, and Cinderstorm.|
|Dark Pharaoh Tekahn||5||EVIL Grasp: "Add a random Lackey to your hand. All Lackeys are 4/4." (2 Mana, autocast)|
Card bundles[edit | edit source]
After each win player gets to choose three cards to add to their deck. The three cards chosen belong to the same bundle of Druid or Priest, being selected from it randomly; the player then chooses one selection of three cards from three options. Sometimes all three bundles may belong to Druid or Priest only.
In the process of storyline player joins the minions that oriented to Highlander decks so card bundles don't contain copies of the same card also considering player's deck.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Terraviss[edit | edit source]
His Hero Power is very strong in the early game, but the autocast forces him to frequently waste mana on pointless attack buffs. Simply swarm the board and tempo him out.
Buried Finley[edit | edit source]
This encounter may look difficult on the first turns because Elise's starting deck has an Aggro Druid base. However, auto-cast of Finley's hero power, summoning Scarab Egg in most cases, no any cards playing by Finley and quite a large amount of Elise's health gives you a lot of opportunities to build a strong board.
Focus on securing the board with buffs and healing and kill each Pile of Sand as they spawn. You can weaken Finley's minions to 1 health so he'll be forced to kill them off before they can attack. This is especially strong if he gets a Vilebrood Skitterer, Obsidian Destroyer or Giant Sand Worm. Always make sure you have damage left over after killing the sand, in case it creates the dangerous minions listed above.
Brann Bronzebeard[edit | edit source]
King Krush, Untamed will kill just about anything you summon, so don't bother attacking him directly. Brann's Dino Buddies more than out-value anything you can do, so it's right to sit back and let him soften King Krush for you. Always keep the widest board you can to minimize the amount of damage Krush can deal to you (but no more than 6 minions at the end of your turn, otherwise King Krush will wipe your board). Use a damage spell or minion attacks to finish Krush once he's low.
Reno Jackson[edit | edit source]
While Reno never directly targets you, he tries extremely hard to keep your board clear. You can wait out with healing and armor until he deals enough damage to himself before finishing him with spells and Dinotamer Brann.
Dark Pharaoh Tekahn[edit | edit source]
This fight is extremely difficult compared to the others in this brawl, as Tekahn has an endless supply of 1 mana 4/4s with strong effects, and an aggressive decklist to support them. Be sure to draft lots of recovery and board clears to keep the pressure off. Use fast damage to put pressure on him and kill him before he can eventually overwhelm you.
Narrative[edit | edit source]
The League of Explorers: Revived! is a heavily story-based brawl, with thematic fights and dialogue exchanged between all of the bosses. It serves as a follow-up to The Dalaran Heist and lead-in to Tombs of Terror.
For individual dialogue, see each of the boss pages.