The Great Dalaran Heist
The Dalaran Heist uses a format like the previous single-player campaigns, but with some elements from Adventures as well. The game mode includes five chapters containing eight bosses. Each chapter of the adventure, with the exception of the first one, must be purchased before they can be played.
Reaching the fifth boss of a chapter gives the player 3 Rise of Shadows card packs and completing all five wings grants a Golden Classic pack. You also get a card back for completing all five wings on both normal and Heroic difficulties.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- The objective of the Dalaran Heist is to defeat eight bosses of increasing difficulty to win the run.
- The player plays as one of nine heroes, starting with a deck of ten cards, which differs for each hero.
- When selecting a hero, the player can choose a Hero Power and starting deck for the hero. New Hero Powers are unlocked by fulfilling certain conditions between games, and additional starting decks are unlocked by defeating a specified number of bosses.
- The player starts with 10 Health, and gains an additional 5 Health per defeated boss, up to 45 Health for the eighth, and final boss.
- The player always goes first. The enemy also does not get The Coin. On round 6, the boss starts with 1 mana crystal, on round 7 the boss starts with 2 mana crystals, and on round 8 the boss starts with 3.
- After each round, the player is offered three bundles of three cards each. (listed below) The player can only select one of these three bundles. This allows the player to increase their deck size in tandem with the boss' decks increasing in size.
- Each chapter starts with a Twist, adding a special condition to every battle. In Anomaly Mode, a random Twist will be used.
- After rounds 1 and 5, the player receives a Passive buff, selected from one of three random passive buffs from the pool of Passives. (listed below)
- These passives give a permanent effect to the player for the rest of the run. These are applied at the start of the match, meaning some buffs that affect cards will not affect cards added to your hand or deck later in the game.
- After rounds 3 and 7, the player receives a Treasure card, selected from one of three random cards from the pool of Treasure cards. (listed below) These are very powerful cards, and often have low mana costs.
- Between rounds 3-4 and 5-6, the player will enter a Friendly Encounter. During this section, the player can spend "gold" to modify their deck in various ways offered, such as adding or removing minions from your deck or giving them a permanent buff.
Twists[edit | edit source]
Each chapter of the adventure has a unique Twist that affects the game.
- Coin-Filled Coffers: (Chapter 1) The enemy always starts with a 0/3 Cache of Coins in play. When destroyed, two Coins will be added to both players' hands.
- Imprisoned Minions: (Chapter 2) Each player always starts with a Violet Cell in play. The cells are dormant, and they each contain a random minion. The cell will be replaced with the aforementioned minion after a number of turns equal to the minion's mana cost. The minion cannot attack on the turn it is summoned unless it has Rush or Charge.
- Crowded Streets: (Chapter 3) Each player always starts with three random Carts in play, they can either be a Desset Cart, a Fish Cart, a Meat Cart, or a Fruit Cart. They are dormant and cannot be removed. Their primary purpose is to take up space on the board so that both players can only have up to four minions in play at any time.
- Swapped Attack and Health: (Chapter 4) The Health and Attack of all minions are swapped.
- Four Additional Encounters: (Chapter 5) There are four additional bosses in the fifth chapter, for a total of twelve bosses. The last four bosses are likely to be encounters with members of the Kirin Tor.
Anomaly Mode[edit | edit source]
Anomaly Mode is unlocked when you have all five chapters of the Great Dalaran Heist unlocked. It can be activated by clicking the button above the "Start" button before each chapter. Anomaly Mode adds an additional Twist to the selected chapter. The Twist is rolled before chapter selection and can be seen when selecting it.
Friendly Encounter[edit | edit source]
Between rounds 3 and 4 and rounds 5 and 6, the player will enter a Friendly Encounter with Bartender Bob. During a Friendly Encounter, 4 of your minions in your deck will be placed on your side of the board, and 4 random minions will be placed on Bob's side of the board. The player will receive 3-5 cards that can modify their Adventure Deck, such as adding or removing minions on the board or permanently buffing a specific card. The player has 2 "Gold" (mana) to spend, and each card has a cost of 0 or 1.
- Brood: (0) Fill the tavern with new minions.
- Dismiss: (0) Choose a friendly minion. Remove it from your Adventure Deck.
- Kindle: (0) Look at four spells from your Adventure Deck. Choose one to remove.
- You're All Fired: (0) Remove all friendly minions in play from your Adventure Deck.
- Good Food: (1) Increase your starting Health by 5.
- Recruit: (1) Choose an enemy minion. Add it to your Adventure Deck.
- Recruit a Veteran: (1) Discover a Legendary minion. Add it to your Adventure Deck.
- Right Hand Man: (1) Choose a friendly minion. It always starts in your hand.
- Round of Drinks: (1) Add all enemy minions to your Adventure Deck. They gain +1/+1 for this run.
- Take a Chance: (1) Reduce the cost of a random card in your Adventure Deck to (0).
- Tall Tales: (1) Choose a friendly minion. It gains +4/+4 this run but costs (2) more for this run.
- Tell a Story: (1) Give a friendly minion +2/+2 for this run.
- The Gang's All Here: (1) Choose a friendly minion. Add three new copies of it to your Adventure Deck.
- The Upper Hand: (1) Look at four spells from your deck. Reduce the cost of one by (3) for this run.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
|Hero||Unlocks at||Alternate Hero Powers|
|Available at start||
Unlock: Summon 25 Elementals
Unlock: Freeze 25 Minions
Unlock: Summon 25 Totems
Unlock: Overload 25 Mana
Unlock: Play 15 Secrets
Unlock: Summon 50 Beasts
Unlock: Restore 50 Health
Unlock: Cast 50 Spells
Unlock: Summon 25 Pirates
Unlock: Draw 100 cards
Loot Cards[edit | edit source]
Passives[edit | edit source]
- A Prince's Ring: Replace your starting Hero Power with a random Death Knight one.
- Book of Wonders: At the start of the game, shuffle 10 "Scrolls of Wonder" into your deck.
- Dr. Boom's Remote: At the start of the game, summon three 1/1 Boom Bots.
- Elixir of Vigor: When you play a minion, shuffle two copies of it into your deck. They cost (1).
- Elixir of Vile: Your spells cost Health instead of Mana.
- Elixir of Vim: Draw an additional two cards at the start of each of your turns. Your hero is immune to fatigue damage.
- Emerald Goggles: The left-most card in your hand costs (2) less.
- Hagatha's Embrace: At the start of your turn, give a random minion in your hand +1/+1.
- Recycling: After a friendly minion dies, gain 2 armor.
- Resourcefulness: At the start of the game, equip a random weapon. Give it +1/+1.
- Robes of Gaudiness: Your cards cost half, but you can only play two cards each turn. (Costs are rounded down)
- Rocket Backpacks: Your minions have Rush.
- Stargazing: You can use your Hero Power twice each turn. It costs (1) less.
- The Hand of Rafaam: At the start of the game, give your opponent two "Cursed!" cards.
- Togwaggle's Dice: At the end of your turn, randomize the cost of all cards in your hand.
- Wondrous Wisdomball: Occasionally gives helpful advice.
Treasures[edit | edit source]
- Annoy-o Horn: (Spell, 7 Mana) Fill your board with annoying minions. (Summons Annoy-o-Tron, Psych-o-Tron, or Annoy-o-Module)
- Banana Split: (Spell, 2 mana) Give a minion +2/+2 and summon two copies of it
- Big Boomba: (Spell, 2 Mana) Destroy ALL minions. Do it again at the start of your next turn.
- Case Study: (Spell, 1 Mana) Discover a quest reward.
- Continuum Collider: (Spell, 4 Mana) Take an extra turn. Your opponent takes an extra turn after.
- Dagwick Stickytoe: (2/5 Minion, 3 Mana) Stealth. After this minion attacks a hero, steal a card from their hand.
- Dreamgrove Ring: (Spell, 9 Mana) Discover a Legendary minion. Summon five copies of it.
- Duplatransmogrifier: (Spell, 4 Mana) Choose a friendly minion. Replace all minions in your Adventure deck with copies of it.
- Elder Taggawag: (4/4 Minion, 3 Mana) Battlecry: Deal 4 damage to all enemy minions. Deathrattle: Shuffle this into your deck.
- Elistra the Immortal: (1/1 Minion, 3 Mana) Battlecry: Recast all spells you've cast on this minion this run.
- Fly-By: (Spell, 5 Mana) Shuffle a Kadoom Bot into your opponent's deck. When drawn, it explodes for 50 damage.
- EVIL Propaganda: (Spell, 10 Mana) Take control of all enemy minions.
- Gnomish Army Knife: (Spell, 5 Mana) Give a minion Charge, Windfury, Divine Shield, Lifesteal, Poisonous, Taunt and Stealth.
- Golden Candle: (7/7 Minion, 4 Mana) Taunt. Battlecry: Replace ALL other cards with random Legendary minions.
- Grimmer Patron: (3/3 Minion, 3 Mana) At the end of your turn, summon a copy of this minion.
- Hyperblaster: (1/5 Weapon, 3 Mana) Poisonous. Your hero is Immune while attacking.
- Loyal Henchman: (1/1 Minion, 1 Mana) Start of Game: Draw this. Taunt. Each turn this is in your hand, gain +1/+1.
- Master's Scheme: (Spell, 3 Mana) Deal 1 damage. Draw 1 card. Gain 1 Armor. Summon 1 Boom Bot. (Upgrades each turn!)
- Murgatha: (3/6 Murloc, 3 Mana) Whenever you play a card, Overload one of your opponent's Mana Crystals.
- Orb of the Untold: (Spell, 4 Mana) Deal 20 damage split between all enemies.
- Overpowered: (Spell, 0 Mana) After you play a card this turn, replay it (targets chosen randomly).
- Soulreaper's Scythe: (6/1 Weapon, 5 Mana) Deathrattle: Summon all minions killed by this weapon this run.
- Sow the Seeds: (Spell, 5 Mana) Give all minions in your deck +3/+3.
- Super Simian Sphere: (Spell, 5 Mana) Summon King Mukla. Give it Immune and "Can't be targeted by spell or Hero Powers".
- Swamp queen's Call: (Spell, 2 Mana) Transform your minions into random Legendary minions. Repeatable this turn.
- THE... Candles?: (Spell, 3 Mana) Twinspell. Twinspell. Twinspell. Deal 3 damage to all enemy minions. (Can be used 4 times)
- The Box: (Spell) Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a random Treasure.
- The Muscle: (4/5 Minion, 4 Mana) Battlecry: Add three random cards to your hand. They cost (0).
Card Bundles[edit | edit source]
After each win, the player gets to choose three cards to add to their deck. The three cards chosen belong to the same bundle, being selected from it randomly; the player then chooses one selection of three cards from three options. Each selection may contain multiple copies of the same card.
Rakanishu[edit | edit source]
Release schedule[edit | edit source]
The Dalaran Heist launched on May 16, 2019. It consists of five chapters, with the first two chapters unlocked on release day, and the rest of the chapters being unlocked every seven days over the following weeks. The first chapter is free to play. Additional chapters cost 700 gold or $6.99 USD each, or players can unlock the entire adventure for $19.99 USD.
|Chapter 1: Dalaran Bank||May 16|
|Chapter 2: The Violet Hold||May 16|
|Chapter 3: Streets of Dalaran||May 23|
|Chapter 4: The Underbelly||May 30|
|Chapter 5: Kirin Tor Citadel||June 6|
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stat buffs added to echo minions during a friendly encounter will persist to their copies after they are played, unlike traditional handbuffs which only apply the buff to the first instance of the echo minion.
References[edit | edit source]
|The Great Dalaran Heist|
|Chapter 1: Dalaran Bank||
|Chapter 2: The Violet Hold||
|Chapter 3: Streets of Dalaran||