As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The Great Amalgamation
- "What horror has science wrought!? Build a deck, all minions count as Elementals, Mechs, Demons, Murlocs, Dragons, Beasts, Pirates, and Totems!"
The Great Amalgamation is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on August 21st, 2019.
History[edit | edit source]
|219||August 21, 2019||August 28, 2019|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rules only include actual subtypes, not psuedo-types like Silver Hand Recruit and Treant.
- Minions do not actually have the All tag written on them, but are always treated as having all types.
- All minions have this effect, whether they started in your deck, generated, or summoned by another card.
- Cards that generate specific minion subtypes (Underbelly Angler, Netherspite Historian, ect) will still only generate minions that have it naturally. Nightmare Amalgam can be generated by anything as usual.
- Minions with abilities that usually wouldn't need to except themselves (Cogmaster, Gentle Megasaur, ect) will benefit from their own abilities. Cards that do except themselves (Murloc Warleader, Southsea Captain, ect) still will not.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Since every minion has all types, tribal synergy is extraordinarily powerful. Since tribal synergy is usually balanced around only affecting specific minions, this allows to player to use fast aggro decks. Cards like Mechwarper, Thing from Below, Ship's Cannon, Underbelly Angler and Old Murk-Eye are incredibly strong when they affect and gain from all minions.
This also makes anti-tribal cards powerful as well. Hungry Crab and Golakka Crawler can destroy any minion and summon a cheap 3/4, while Sacrificial Pact can destroy any minion for free and restore 5 health. Dragonslayer, E.M.P. Operative, and Hemet Nesingwary are also options, but are far less powerful.
Specific tribal synergies are much more powerful. Since all minions count as Mechs, Magnetic cards can be attached to anything. Elementals like Blazecaller and Arcanosaur will almost always have their effects active. Any in-hand Dragon synergies can be satisfied with any minion in hand.