The Great Akazamzarak (Battlegrounds)
The Great Akazamzarak is a hero that the player can pick in the Battlegrounds game mode.
For more information, see Battlegrounds.
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Great Akazamzarak's Secrets can provide his minions with a powerful edge in combat if used well. However, he is reliant on RNG, which can make his Hero Power's impact inconsistent. Nevertheless, picking a good Secret with your spare coins makes him a tricky opponent.
- Ice Block is an incredible Secret to have, as it assures your survival for one round. If you get this secret early, feel free to play a bit greedier with your tavern upgrades.
- Splitting Image is among the best of Akazamzarak's Secrets in the combat phase. If played in the late game, it can put out a huge body with good positioning, allowing it to turn the tide or potentially win the combat on its own.
- Autodefense Matrix can also be quite impactful on a board with Divine Shields, as players usually put small minions on the left to trigger Divine Shields with minimal damage loss. A second one can surprise opponents and absorb a lot of damage.
- Venomstrike Trap produces a Poisonous token that can swing a battle by unconditionally bringing down an enemy minion. As the token is summoned on the far right, it is unlikely to hit a Divine Shield, but because it attacks after all of your other minions, the token might not be enough to win a combat on its own so much as cushion a defeat.
- Effigy can give your board a bit more longevity with an effect akin to Piloted Shredder or Piloted Sky Golem. Higher tier minions tend to summon better minions with Effigy, so arrange your board accordingly.
- Redemption, much like The Lich King's hero power, gives one of your minions a second life with 1 health. This can be used to double your leftmost minion's Deathrattle or let your Taunts stall for a bit longer.
- Avenge's buff is okay in the early game but inconsequential later on. As Akazamzarak rarely has 2 coins to spare until the late game, Avenge should generally not be chosen.
- Snake Trap tends to trigger as soon as a single board slot opens up, so more often than not, it will only summon one or two tokens. In any case, this Secret is extremely weak without Beast synergy like Pack Leader, and even then, the tokens being summoned at the far right means they don't contribute much, as you generally want your tokens to attack before your key minions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52060 (2019-12-05):
- Patch 184.108.40.206747 (2019-11-05): Added.