The Black Knight
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
|Voice actor:||Lance Henriksen|
Battlecry: Destroy an enemy minion with Taunt.
He was sent by the Lich King to disrupt the Argent Tournament. We can pretty much mark that a failure.
How to get[edit | edit source]
The Black Knight can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular The Black Knight can also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Legend in Ranked mode.
|The Black Knight||1600||400|
|Golden The Black Knight||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Black Knight is a minion meant to start some game-ending momentum. He gets a Taunt minion out of the way so that you may begin hitting your enemy as soon as possible. As a utility, he is very good, as most people buff their best minions with Taunt so as to kill any minions that would try to attack them.
Buffs such as Mark of the Wild, Mark of Nature and Ancestral Healing can be used on an enemy minion so that The Black Knight can take it out. In Wild format, decks that have a lot of Spare Parts also have a chance to get Rusty Horn, with the combination of Rusty Horn and Black Knight producing a 7-mana Chillwind Yeti with a destroy-effect, effectively removing an enemy minion for only 3 mana.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- None shall pass.
- I'm invincible!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Enough of this insolence! Prepare to die!"
He appears later in the Crusaders' Coliseum for a rematch with undead skin and in the process of fighting, he loses his flesh, becoming The Skeleton Knight. He later loses his bones during the fight, turning into a ghost.
- The Black Knight is an agent of the Lich King, sent to disrupt Tirion Fordring's Argent Tournament in Northrend. He can be found near the eastern end of the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown.
- After flying into the coliseum and slaying a herald of the crusade (either Arelas Brightstar or Jaeren Sunsworn), the Black Knight was defeated by the champions who were training there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of this minion, as well as its quotes, are a reference to the character of the same name from the film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Naxxramas Tokens" series, for the card Unrelenting Rider.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown alpha patch: Changed from "Battlecry: Destroy a minion with Taunt." to "Battlecry: Destroy an enemy minion with Taunt."
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).