As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
The Amazing Reno
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Gain Armor, Replace Hero Power|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Battlefield-related, Hero Power-related|
|Voice actor:||Travis Willingham|
Battlecry: Make all minions disappear. *Poof!*
"Please address me by my proper title."
"<sigh> Amazing Reno..."
- For other representations of Reno, see Reno Jackson (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|The Amazing Reno||1600||400|
|Golden The Amazing Reno||3200||1600|
Generated Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry removes all minions on the Battlefield. It does not destroy them, so they will not activate any on-death effects and cannot be resurrected.
- This card's Battlecry does not affect permanents, including minions in the Dormant state.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Since Reno's Battlecry effect is symmetrical, he works best in a deck playing few minions. This will reduce the chance of his Battlecry being a downside, as well as increase the number of enemy targets for the random spells he casts.
What Does This Do? is a powerful hero power, but it is extremely unreliable. On average, the ability will occasionally generate free minions, heal yourself, damage or clear the opponent's board, and draw cards; all for zero mana. However, you can just as easily end the game by Pyroblasting yourself, overdrawing in Fatigue, buffing your opponent's minions, or emptying all your mana with a Forbidden Words. Because of this, ending the game quickly should be a priority once Reno is in play. Since the effect triggers at the start of your turn, you have your entire turn to play around the random effect.
If Reno's power becomes too much of a burden, you can replace it with Ascendant Scroll, provided by Raid the Sky Temple. In Wild, it can also be replaced more easily using Frost Lich Jaina or disable it with a Mindbreaker.
The Amazing Reno is a reasonable soft counter to Resurrect Priest, which outright removes minions from their dead pool. It should be saved to hit important minions like Batterhead, Catrina Muerte, Ragnaros the Firelord, and The Lich King.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Watch closely as I make everyone... disappear!
Emotes[edit | edit source]
|Greetings||Ha, I'm gonna be rich!|
|Mirror Greetings||...uh, WE'RE gonna be rich?|
|Well Played||Looks like you've got your own tricks.|
|Thanks||Thanks! I am pretty incredible.|
|Wow||Amazing! Like me.|
|Oops||Ha! Erm, I meant to do that.|
|Threaten||Don't make me use my BIG magic!|
|Thinking ||If I could just cast that...|
|Thinking ||What would make us rich?|
|Concede||Augh. You got me.|
|Running out of time||I thought I had more time!|
|Almost out of cards||My spellbook's running light.|
|Out of cards||I'm out of cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||I have too many minions already.|
Unused[edit | edit source]
|Opening remark||Any tombs need pillaging?|
|Mirror start||Hey! I called dibs on this one!|
|Selection in Arena||Let's cast some spells.|
|Sorry||Oh, wow. I... uh... sorry!|
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Reno may have been captured by Rafaam and subjected to endless rhyming puppet shows, but that won’t stop him from injecting some of his signature flavor into Galakrond’s Awakening. Play the Amazing Reno and all minions will disappear. Where did they go? Who knows? Reno definitely doesn’t. Truly amazing work, Reno.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11954 (2020-01-21): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2020-01-09). Galakrond's Awakening – Launching January 21.