The subject of this article has
an entry in the Editor's Handbook.
For background information and
guides on maintaining this article,
see Game formats.
Unlocking Wild mode[edit source]
- I am unsure about the recent edit by Jhgenius01, about how to unlock Wild mode.
- Until before the last patch, the supported method to unlock Wild was to craft a Wild card. This no longer works now. This has been acknowledged by a Blizzard employee and should be fixed in the 13.0 update. Source: https://imgur.com/a/qsZ4qxA
- The only proof I found for the claim made by Jhgenius01 is found at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762186484?post#16 and it is based on a single video recording that is older than the patch where the forementioned bug was introduced.
- Conversely, there are multiple posts in the official Bug Report forum (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/10591462/) of people who have been told by Blizzard that there currently is no way for new accounts to unlock Wild short of buying a wild pack with real money. Apparently some people have even been gifted a wild card to unlock the mode for them. (One person mentioned this in a thread but I lost that link).
- Based on the above I think that at least some extra references are needed to support the claim that Tavern Brawl unlocks wild.
- -- BigHugger (talk) 18:34, 20 November 2018 (UTC)