Reminder to update card image to Beast version[edit source]
Just a reminder to update to the Beast version. Aegonostic (talk) 14:51, 4 December 2016 (UTC)
- The text at the top of the page says that the outdated card image will be updated "as son as possible" - since August 2016.
- My understanding is that card images are automatically grabbed from HearthPwn, and they have indeed not updated their images for this card yet. So is there any way for us to manually update the card image? Or would that immediately be replaced by a new sync from HeartPwn? -- BigHugger (talk) 20:19, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yea, I agree it's been half a year, and Hearthpwn has yet to update this card. There's no hard rule for how to upload card images to this wiki, so one can actually just take a screenshot of the card in-game, and upload it to the image file as a new updated image. Taohinton did a great write-up on how the card updates procedure works for this wiki: https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hearthstone_Wiki:Editor%27s_Handbook#Data_imports. Basically there's a bot that runs every now and then and fixes data/images, but it doesn't always catch every little mistake.
- If ever Hearthpwn does decide to update the card image, it can be downloaded as a png from Hearthpwn, and uploaded to the wiki. This is the normal procedure that is used with all the cards that are uploaded to this wiki. Aegonostic (talk) 01:33, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- I took a screenshot from the game but that turned out to be different in size from the other pictures here. So instead I decided to do some creative photoshopping, lifting the beast tag off the Stampeding Kodo and copying it on the Silithid Swarmer. It appears to have worked. -- BigHugger (talk) 09:00, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- As some added info, sites like these ( http://searchstone.io/?q=silithid&dFR%5Blang%5D%5B0%5D=enUS&is_v=1 ) actually construct the images from their various templates (card name banner, card face, etc.), using Hearthsim's extraction tookits (https://hearthsim.info/ , process: https://stories.algolia.com/a-painstakingly-crafted-search-for-hearthstone-c21b3fa4223c) . Aegonostic (talk) 18:24, 17 May 2017 (UTC)