Talk:Showdown at Blackrock Mountain
Chromatic Drake[edit source]
Nefarian uses a 7/7 Chromatic Drake, so that would be the Heroic version. Is a separate page for the Tavern Brawl Chromatic Drake needed, or can we just link to Chromatic Drake (Heroic), like with the Trons and Flameheart? -- Karol007 (talk) 09:23, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- Because it's the precise same card from BRM (as apparently indicated by the fact we didn't get data for a fresh card added with the patch), we should just like to the BRM card page. I've fixed the link; that's one problem with having disambig pages. -- Taohinton (talk) 12:38, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
A bunch of questions.[edit source]
- It says Mulligan for 5 and 6 cost cards for a strong start. Why not 4 or 5 so you can use Wild Magic? Can someone please add some 6 drops, because they're not listed ATM ...
- Note that Wild Magic provides spells, so cannot compensate for a lack of minions. What about Open the Gates (Tavern Brawl)?
- No mention of how powerful freezing spells are? Freezing Ragnaros while he still has Sulfuras equipped is rage-inducing for the Ragnaros player ;P
- Similarly, having a high-attack taunt that can't be removed by Ragnaros' spells and minions alone will force Ragnaros either to "skip a turn" using up Sulfuras durability or have him attack into it, taking loads of damage.
- Usually you may want to avoid using Sabotage's combo ...
- Explicitly suggest filing your board with various whelps as a means of drawing the fire of DIE, INSECT! away from your face.
- Add a Notes section?
- As there are no demons in your deck, playing Sense demons always gets you two Worthless Imps.
- Spells like Blade Flurry and Deadly Poison just take up space in your hand, you can't even play them, you can only hope they get discarded.
- Shadow Word: Death is a very handy spell: you can kill your own minion that has Living bomb cast on it, take down living lava, golemagg or Emperor Thaurissan.
- Vanish is a highly-situational spell, but if it's early game and Ragnaros has Flame Imps and Core Hound Pups on the board, playing them again he will have to suffer through Imp's battlecry and each Pup costs 3 mana.
- When Headcrack is returned to the hand, it costs 3, not 0 mana.
- Showdown_at_Blackrock_Mountain#Ragnaros_2 seems to suggest using Flamestrike to survive the first 6 turns, but it's a 7 mana spell ... It's not exotic either, just a regular Flamestrike.
- This is all strategy info, so by all means feel free to add it. It's not missing because of an editorial bias, just because no-one has added it yet ;)
- The Notes info is also strategy info, not really notes. Again, feel free to add a paragraph about specific cards, or a Wild Magic sub-section.
- Open the Gates is a boss spell, so can't be obtained by Wild Magic, but yes a few like Animal Companion can provide minions. The vast majority, however, do not. -- Taohinton (talk) 11:31, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not aware of a standard on this point. My best advice would be to aim for clarity. I guess either adding a separate list, or else amending the main list and adding a quick signed note at the bottom stating as much might be best for that. -- Taohinton (talk) 11:31, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
Add info about availability in Tavern Brawls?[edit source]
Showdown_at_Blackrock_Mountain#Decks says The deck also features four Normal mode Tron minions from Blackrock Mountain's Omnotron Defense System boss encounter. Do you want to add the info that e.g. Magmatron (Normal) card was available to players in Showdown at Blackrock Mountain Tavern Brawl to Magmatron (Normal) page? -- Karol007 (talk) 00:40, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
Do we need the 'History' section?[edit source]
I'd rather go Banana Brawl! way: "Banana Brawl! was the second Tavern Brawl. It was released June 24, 2015, and closed June 29, 2015. For exact times, see the schedule.", no need for the table. The only other brawl that has the 'History' section is Too Many Portals!. As for other content of 'Showdown at Blackrock Mountain#History', let's move it to 'Notes' or 'Trivia'. -- Karol007 (talk) 17:46, 3 August 2015 (UTC)