Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
No MMR used for matchmaking in Ranks 25-1?[edit source]
This seems not to be true. Play ranked at Rank 20 with a high rated account and you will match against similar users (with meta decks). Create a new account and go first time into ranked and you will be matched against similar users using only basic cards. I wonder if there's any information about this from Blizz.Thecyo (talk) 15:14, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
Ranked Chest[edit source]
This reddit comment (https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3hie8i/ranked_chest_rewards_by_rank/cu7miig) has a full breakdown of ranked chest rewards, and is currently the highest ranked comment in the thread (110 at time of retrieval). Anybody have data that goes against this? If not I suggest updating the ranked chest rewards table. I'll check back and do that after a few days if there are no further comments here or there to suggest it isn't accurate. Verdauga (talk) 01:03, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, just found this! I've actually just finished updating the page in precisely this way. I suspected the rewards may behave something like this, but hadn't gotten around to verifying it until now. All reward screenshots I've seen have been entirely consistent with this scheme, so I've updated the page accordingly. -- Taohinton (talk) 02:53, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Separate/One ranked chest(s) for Standard and Wild ladders?[edit source]
Guys, I think we need to make clear whether or not Standard and Wild ladders have separate ranked chests, or if there is only one for the Standard format. Perusing through this lengthy article for this kind of info, I didn't find what I was looking for. Can someone add this to the header / relevant section please? Or redirect me to the text I maybe missed? Thanks. Aegonostic (talk) 13:31, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- Hmm, looks like maybe you missed the appropriate section?
- At the end of each season, players who have reached Rank 20 or higher in either game format will be granted a Highest Rank Bonus chest (also known as a Ranked Chest) containing rewards based on their highest rank attained that season, using whichever is higher of their Standard or Wild ranks.
- It's not too explicit, but it seems reasonably clear. -- Taohinton (talk) 08:38, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
Season Reset determination[edit source]
I've now ended (at least) two consecutive seasons on a losing streak, and it's definitely my experience that the bonus stars awarded at the season reset are based on the highest rank attained, not the rank at the end of season. If anybody's experience contradicts this, please feel free to revert! Ambignostic (talk) 16:33, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
- That's funny, I was actually just talking to someone about this and we both thought the opposite! Since the new season has already started it's hard to test, though, so if you feel confident we'll just have to wait to test it at the end of August! -- Taohinton (talk) 18:06, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
- Just to confirm I tested this at the end of the August 2016 season and although it displays the player's current rank, it does indeed award stars based on their highest rank (which is very confusing!). I've edited the page accordingly and added a note for those who might be fooled. -- Taohinton (talk) 02:32, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Where is the Angry Chicken's Crate?[edit source]
With the updates to Ranked, it is now possible to receive an Angry Chicken's Crate. Please update the relevant sections.