Interaction with N'Zoth[edit source]
If this minion (with bold-faced Deathrattle ability) dies while having killed a minion with its battlecry ability:
- Will it get re-summoned by N'Zoth?
- Will it retain its Deathrattle of the minion it killed before?
- The Moat Lurker itself has a Deathrattle, and so is perfectly valid for N'Zoth to resurrect. In terms of whether it will 'remember' its previous victim, afaik all current such effects are card-specific (mostly enchantments), and a 'resurrected' or 're-summoned' Moat Lurker is actually an entirely separate copy of the same card (and lacking any such enchantments), so it wouldn't 'remember' that. That said, this is a new design, it's always possible they've done something different! -- Taohinton (talk) 04:13, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
Would killing a Moat Lurker with a spell, summoning Pyromancer, trigger Pyromancer?[edit source]
- This is standard for summon Deathrattles like Deathlord; the minion pops out before the resolution of the spell, which is what triggers the Pyromancer/Flamewaker. Unless I'm mixing everything up! -- Taohinton (talk) 09:14, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Moat Lurkering a Moat Lurker with a Deathrattle?[edit source]
If Moat Lurker #1 battlecries another Moat Lurker #2 which has a deathrattle in effect, is that Deathrattle for the second Moat Lurker #2 active "inside" of the first Moat Lurker #1? That is, if Moat Lurker #2 pops out of Moat Lurker #1's deathrattle, will it have a Deathrattle effect? Aegonostic (talk) 15:57, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
- It sounds like you're misunderstanding the effect a little; destroying a Moat Lurker will activate its Deathrattle, thus summoning any minion previously destroyed by the first Moat Lurker's Deathrattle. However, the Moat Lurker which would be "resummoned" after the second Moat Lurker died would simply be a new Moat Lurker, presumably without any 'stored' minion, since its Battlecry will have never activated.
- Basically, there's a semblance of "swallowing" the minion and regurgitating it again later, but this isn't actually happening; the "resummoned" minions are entirely separate, and new minions, basically blank slates. -- Taohinton (talk) 09:14, 11 August 2016 (UTC)