Sword of Justice
|Tags:||Durability-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, give it +1/+1 and this loses 1 Durability.
I dub you Sir Loin of Beef!
How to get
Sword of Justice can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Sword of Justice can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 or Diamond 10 in Ranked mode.
|Sword of Justice||400||100|
|Golden Sword of Justice||1600||400|
- Sword of Justice activates after the triggering minion's summoning has resolved, at the same point as Knife Juggler. This is after the activation of any Battlecries or Secrets. The resulting sequence of events means that minions such as Murloc Tidehunter whose Battlecry summons another minion will see the Battlecry-summoned minion gain Sword of Justice's buff first, and the original minion gain it second. This can be critical when the Sword of Justice has only 1 Durability remaining, as only the Battlecry-summoned minion will gain the buff (as opposed to the original minion), a conclusion which may be contrary to expectations since the latter minion was summoned first. In the case of minions such as Murloc Tidehunter, Dragonling Mechanic, Silver Hand Knight or Dr. Boom, this will mean the weaker minion getting the buff.
- Sword of Justice will trigger on mortally wounded (0 or less Health) minions, and may save them from dying as a result.
- Sword of Justice applies on ANY SUMMONING EFFECT (Sanctuary, Noble Sacrifice, The Voraxx, Silvermoon Portal, Spirit of the Tiger,Recruit)
- If Captain Greenskin is summoned, Sword of Justice will buff him AFTER the Battlecry, preventing it from recovering Durability. While Brann Bronzebeard is active, Greenskin will provide 2 Durability, buffing him while maintaining the extra point.
The Sword of Justice has the unique ability of buffing any summoned minions with +1/+1 at the cost of one of point of the weapon's Durability. This weapon synergizes extremely well with the paladin's Reinforce Hero Power and other summoning effects; such as Silver Hand Knight, Imp Master, and Hogger.
It is usually best not to use the weapon to attack with directly, to allow all of the durability to be used for the buffs. The exception is when not attacking with it could result in the loss of a minion of equal or greater value than the buff granted. For instance, it is certainly worth sacrificing +1/+1 to a 4/4 Nightblade in order to kill a Magma Rager, which otherwise would have killed the Nightblade outright, buff and all (assuming the paladin has enough health to take 5 damage without great risk of quick death, of course).
If combined with Muster for Battle, the Sword of Justice will use up 3 charges to buff the Silver Hand Recruits before the Light's Justice created by the ability replaces it. It is inefficient to use Muster for Battle when the Sword has more than 3 charges remaining, even if that means attacking with the Sword to avoid wasting one (since an attack from the Sword of Justice does the same damage as one from the Light's Justice that will replace it).
The Sword of Justice is a two handed sword found in World of Warcraft. The sword required level 80 and featured the same twin bladed look.
- This item can be found inside the Tribunal Chest in Halls of Stone on heroic mode.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Sword of Justice.
- Patch 220.127.116.1117 (2017-10-17): Expending Sword of Justice’s durability as it is played will no longer grant +1 attack for the rest of the game
- Patch 18.104.22.16856 (2015-12-04): "Whenever" changed to "After", correcting the card's text to match its function.
- Unknown patch (Goblins vs Gnomes or earlier): Sword of Justice is now an After Summon Phase trigger, triggering after a minion enters play, rather than a Presummon trigger, triggering before a minion enters play.
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Now activates after you summon a minion, rather than after you play a minion.
- https://youtu.be/P-R0GBe3Uc4 Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19966 (2016-04-14)